LASIK

• riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

I just returned home from my LASIK surgery at the North Suburban Eye Clinic yesterday. All I can say is wow, after 25 years with glasses I woke up this morning with 20/15 vision and no pain or discomfort. Send me a PM if you have questions about LASIK or the experience. Jason

kris_brantner
    My river

Had it done two years ago at tlc in eau claire. Was 20/20 next day. Would have been bettrr but I have a little astigmatism that lasic dosent help. Best $ ive ever spent

Denny O
    Central IOWA

There two types of surgery for corrective eyes correct?

Lasik and lazar (I think but not sure)?

What is the difference?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Mrs Grouse had it done 3 weeks ago. She’s on board with your assessment: Wow! She has worn glasses since the age of 18 and she can’t believe she’s now 20/20.

To be honest, it’s hard to find any good reason NOT to have it done if you are a candidate. The cost has come way down, whereas glasses, eye exams, contacts, etc keep going up.

Glad it worked out well for you.

Grouse

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

Denny, I can not speak to any other then LASIK. LASIK is a procedure in which a Laser is used to reshape the cornea.

usafcatm
    Drummond, WI

LASIK And PRK…. LASIK uses a cut in the cornea and then “fixes” the eye from under the flap. Fold the flap down when the doc is done and you are set… PRK uses the laser to shape the eye from the outside….need to have eye drops and steroids for a while due to the “injury” being exposed to the elements and not protected by the cornea. Both have their merits….had Lasic 12 years ago and very happy I did.

run&gun
    MN

Had mine done 19 years ago and it pays for itself after 10 years. Gundersen lutheran LaCrosse.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Best choice i ever made. changed life for the better

Denny O
    Central IOWA

How can one assess himself if he could be a possible candidate before going to the Doc for his opinion?

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

I don’t believe you can assess yourself Denny. They need to take pictures of your cornea to look at the tissue thickness to make sure there is enough left after the LASIK procedure. With the new Laser technologies there are not as many disqualifiers as in the past. There is no cost to the consult where I went.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

What kind of prices are you guys finding?

superiorfishing
    Hastings,MN

I had it 3 weeks ago–I was told I be able to see far –but things within 3 ft blurry–well thinking I might get glasses to see up close things too–hate blurry when trying to look at paper or anything–readers help-but have to carry with all the time–its good–but theres some set backs too–just letting you know too–well least in my case–but other wise I see good!!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

10 years ago. best thing I ever did

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Mine was 5 years ago so its probably not very helpful but it was $4,200 total. I got 12 months interest free financing so paid it off before the juice started… I had the new method to cut your eye rather than an actual blade… it was more effective and safer. I have 20/15 vision easy, was really close to 20/10.

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

$3400 at North Suburban eye clinic with a lifetime guarantee. Basically if your eye sight deteriorates over your lifetime, they will fix it again at no cost to you.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I’ve worn glasses since I was 8 and I’m as blind as a 3 mo old without corrective lenses. I wear contacts now and I have no problem poking at my eyes… but lasers? Cutting and reshaping my corneas? Gives me the heeby jeebies just thinking about it. Do they put you to sleep for this?

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

10mg of Valum. No need to be under, it is a pain free procedure and the machine holds your eye so you can’t blink or move it.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

Doesn’t hurt, they numb your eye area up pretty well obviously. Only took 15 minutes… faster than getting a strep test or any other doctor’s appointment for that matter

Sharon
    SE Metro

Oy, I’d need a double dose of valium! I may consider it some day, as the thought of being able to open my eyes in the morning and see across the room does sound very appealing… I’ve heard that if you are a woman and plan on having kids though, they recommend you hold off, as pregnancy can change your eyesight. I’ll use that as my excuse for now, rather than admitting I might just be a big chicken.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

I’ve worn glasses since I was 8 and I’m as blind as a 3 mo old without corrective lenses. I wear contacts now and I have no problem poking at my eyes… but lasers? Cutting and reshaping my corneas? Gives me the heeby jeebies just thinking about it. Do they put you to sleep for this?

I had mine 15 years ago Sharon. Before I had it done I had glasses since the 1st Grade. And the big e on the eye chart was a blurry black square with out my glasses. I’m 35 now. Got it done for my 20th birthday. and Can still se 20/20. Should anything change they have the life time Warrany to re do my eyes if they change for free. Just have to get an Eye exam every year. That being said my Mom who is 65 got hers done 5 years ago also and lovees hers too. But being that old they told her she would still need cheeters for reading after the surgury.

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Has anybody had issues losing some of your ability to see at night after having LASIK done? I’ve heard that is a possible side effect, but haven’t spoken to anybody that has actually experienced it. That is probably the biggest thing holding me back.

youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

I heard the same thing before I had it done. The issue is not night vision, its with lights at night you may or may not notice a slight halo around lights (street lamps, farm lights, headlights, etc) when looking at them from a distance. Honestly I never really noticed a difference from before to after with it. When hunting/fishing after dark I can see just fine so I wouldn’t say it changed my night vision.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

Has anybody had issues losing some of your ability to see at night after having LASIK done? I’ve heard that is a possible side effect, but haven’t spoken to anybody that has actually experienced it. That is probably the biggest thing holding me back.

That was an earlier side effect that could happen that has been fixed.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.