Smart phones

• hamms
    Mn

Which one you running? I am having issues that can’t be resolved with my galaxy s2. I am looking at Iphone 5s or galaxy s4. I will be honest I am not impressed with my Samsung. Only 1.5 yrs old and about it. I have watched reviews and I am thinking of trying the apple. The camera is upgraded with new flash and different lenses. It is as good if not better then the s4 13mp and it is an 8mp. I wanted to hear input from both sides likes dislikes. I know the freedom and customizing that android offers and I don’t use most of it. Just want something that works well for long time. thanks guys.

BBKK
    IA

I have an S3 and the camera is awesome, cant imagine how sweet the s4 camera is.

tripjorgen
    NESD

It’s a Chevy vs Ford type argument. They each have their fans and their own special features. I started my smartphone experience with a samsung stratosphere ( I know it’s not a galaxy) but I was very dissapointed. Had to send it back 3 times in 6 months. Samsung would send me a new one every time and the same problem would happen. It would randomly shut down and would have a very bad feedback sound while talking on the phone. I then switched to the iPhone 4S. I loved it. Didn’t have any problems with the phone and it did take a beating. Now I have the 5S. Again Apple made a very good product. I was kind of sketchy about the finger scanner but found out that it works great. Also I have a lifeproof case for it. The small rubber membrane makes it so the finger scanner still works plus make it waterproof up to 6 feet. I would go iPhone 5S you won’t be disappointed.

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

I have a Motorola Max HD. No problems and have yet to run the battery dead in one day. I charge it every night but have gone two days on a charge.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I’ve had an Android and currently have an iphone 5. I personally think the iPhones are more intuitive and I like mine but I’m sure it’s subjective. I think the biggest thing with Apple is their product integration. As for phones I think it’s a case of trading this for that. For the camera I like it. There are cold weather issues but I think that’s kinda universal. I haven’t tinkered a lot with night flash but it seems kinda weak. I own Canon EOS gear so I don’t know what you can expect out of a lense & flash that will fit on a fingernail. It wouldn’t surprise me the flash doesn’t have a lot of “butt”.

run&gun
    MN

I have the S4 and have no gripes. Quad core processor is amazingly fast where 4G LTE is available. Camera is excellent. They also came out with the 4S active and 4S mini so there are those options.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

So I think the two that you are deciding on would be good phones. I have the moto x from Motorola and it is a good phone. Good luck deciding.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I switched from a droid to iPhone 5. I wish I would have done it along time ago. People might say apple is a cult but think about it you don’t hear many complaints from people who run apple.

BBKK
    IA

I have to say, the only reason I didn’t get an iPhone was because of AT&T. It costs $10 more a month for iPhone and you get less data. I’m not restricting my data, plus paying $120 more a year to own an iPhone.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I’ve got the LG G2 and love it. The battery life is unreal good. I’ll listen to iHeart Radio for a 3+ hours a day, use the internet quite a bit, and still have 50% battery no problem at the end of the day. My buddy has the S4 and the battery doesn’t last near as long.

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

I have had 3 droids from 3 different company’s and now an iPhone. After running apple for over 2 years I will be staying with iPhone. I am current running an 5s and love it. I will be staying with Apple

hamms
    Mn

I will probably have to go with Verizon for coverage in Pine city area where I live. They sure are pricey plans… Is 2gb enough data? Have never really checked how much I use .

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have just run Android phones. I got no complaints. currently using the S3 and I hope the next gen of phones are even better when my new in 2 is up this summer.

I like big screens, many OS updates, NFC, S Beam (Samsung), Samsung Motion Settings, Google Now, Google Play, etc

I am married to Google though just as any Apple person would be. I pretty much am open to a lot of Google things because it makes my life easier and I am not paranoid that my privacy is being compromised. Of course, you don’t have to go all in like me, but it allows me to share web searches across devices. Google also can run algorithms on my data so Google now shows me things that should be of interest and useful to me. And much more.

Because I choose Android, I also have a lot of choices with phones, so I can pick the one that is cutting edge and getting good reviews.

One good news about Apple is that I believe they are getting more aggressive with their OS updates.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either, its a matter of what fits you.

Android customization is way over hyped. Sure you can do a lot of things, but it is basically skinning the OS. Big whoop.

Sounds like you researched and think the S5 camera is the best and it sounds important to you, so to me it sounds like you have made your decision.

You could always go with the Windows phone that has like a 42 mega pixel camera.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

I will probably have to go with Verizon for coverage in Pine city area where I live. They sure are pricey plans… Is 2gb enough data? Have never really checked how much I use .

2 gigs should be enough for ya unless you use it a ton. I use my wi-fi when I get home and I hardly go over 1. When I used to listen to pandora at work 4-6 hours a day I would barely go over 2 when I had unlimited.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I have the Samsung S4. Ran the S3 before this but gave to my daughter. She loves her S3 and I love my S4. NO complains whatsoever. I have an IPod Touch… and have never been impressed with it. It isn’t the Iphone 5… but not much difference. Love Android and love Samsung.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I’m on wifi at home and work so I don’t use much data at all, only when traveling or fishing. I use around 600mb a month. If I wasn’t on wifi the whole time I’d probably be well, well, over 2gb.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I have the lg g2 and it is fast, with one of the best phone cameras available. Great battery life too.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I’m running a droid RAZR maxx HD. I wasn’t willing to jump on the proprietary iPhone bandwagon and don’t feel I’m missing out on anything. I just started my 2nd year with this phone and, though I know there is a new model out for the maxx HD, I am not feeling underpowered. The app pool available for droid is not a limiting factor either though there are some restrictions due to the proprietary apps iPhone has.

wallleyes

I have the Samsung galaxy note 2 and love the phone. Battery lasts all day. I don’t use the camera much but seems ok. Love the 5.2 screen and its fast.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.