Mille Lacs Help

• iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

I am heading up to MN to visit family and we will be around Mile Lacs on Jan 18. In the past we have rented a sleeper out of Red Door, but this year we need to re-vamp a bit. Now we can only do a day and will have to stay on the Southern side. I am looking for suggestions on where to go in the area. I hear slush is still a problem. We will be own our own with portables. Where do we get on the ice, what areas should we try, can we do the truck or bring 4wheeler. We have some time to plan, so any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance, I will post results when I get back.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

In three weeks things will be full swing at the lake. Most of the resorts will have good roads and pulling rentals. You will have plenty of options. Check back before you leave. There are not many fishing reports out yet.

-J.

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

South end I go out of Chappmans right in the town of Isle Talk to Tim he will give you some ideas Isle bay is fun to fish too

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

Thanks for the help – I will check back in a few weeks to see what is happening. Hoping we can get a few perch/walleye to go. Since we only have 1 day, it makes it tough.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.