Founded by Geniuses, Run by Idiots!

• dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

America was founded by geniuses but over 200 years later is now loaded with idiots. Read the evidence below and LIKE if you agree.

1. If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

2. If you have to get your parents permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

3. If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check or check out a library book, but not to vote… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

4. If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

5. If, in our largest city, you can buy “two” 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

6. If an 80-year-old woman and 3 yr old child can be stripped searched by the TSA, but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

7. If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

8. If a seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is cute, but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

9. If children are forcibly removed from parents who discipline them with spankings while children of addicts are left in filth and drug infested homes… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

10. If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government intrusion, while not working is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

11. If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor buys iPhones, TVs and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

12. If being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you more safe according to the government… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

vern
    Richfield, MN

So true.

hunter1723

one day we might have a great life

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

artifishal

Quote:

7. If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

Best one on the list

stratos_375
    Southern Wisconsin

That about says it all!!! Very sad it is true.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

That list is SO true! But I can’t resist to add one more–that hits closer to home for many here.

The Mn. DNR closes lakes in northern Mn. with late ice out, “to protect congregated, vulnerable spawning walleyes” and say it “makes no difference” to allow miles of gill-nets in Mille Lacs during the spawn. Geniuses founded the Mn. DNR and now ??

Your list is sad but so true….thanks for posting the harsh reality for all to see and reflect on.

castle-rock-clown

Sounds like some people are unhappy with things where complex issues are reduced to a couple sentances. If your unhappy either really do something about it or leave. There’s alot of people out there upset where’s the uprising and rebellion, voting sure hasn’t worked. One would figure all these people would be marching in the streets, instead they are in my way at the boat launch and on my walleye spot on the river… now that really upsets me.

redneck
    Rosemount

13. If your government wants to take GOD out of schools and everyday life but worships everything that comes out of the mouths of the hollywood idiots…. you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Sounds good except for number two.

Al

castle-rock-clown

Al, you can’t pick and choose to make this work. We need 100 percent cooperation. Any difference of opinion or belief will cause controversy and confusion resulting in partial and imperfect laws that then everybody will be subject to. The only way we can establish a perfect union is to have everybody believe 100 percent in everything everybody else thinks, no dissention, ridicule or questioning. We must be in lock step, eyes forward using mental blinders, and in full agreement. Think about it, if we could archive this utopian principal we could do away with laws and government all together. Give me a call when you all get this done.

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Quote:

Sounds good except for number two.

Al

Just curious ,whats wrong with number two iyo ?

tbrooks11

The last thing we need is a abortion debate/argument on a website composed of mostly 40+ year old males. However, it would be very interesting!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’ve never heard of anyone being arrested for not having a fishing or hunting license.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

I live in the inner city, I’ll have different views than the suburban/rural people on several things.

Any more would start the abortion debate and then the thread would get locked..

CRD for the achieving a Utopian world and the fact I don’t plan on getting getting pregnant anytime soon, I’ll retract my “all but number two statement.

I stand corrected.

Al

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Amen… can I still say that?

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Who voted these idiots in? I’m not talking about just the present congress and administration here.
    So we must be idiots to keep electing them.?

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Quote:

I live in the inner city, I’ll have different views than the suburban/rural people on several things.

Any more would start the abortion debate and then the thread would get locked.. CRD for the achieving a Utopian world and the fact I don’t plan on getting getting pregnant anytime soon, I’ll retract my “all but number two statement.

I stand corrected.

Al

The more you contribute to this thread the more confused I am . Anyhow WHATS YOUR POINT ?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Who voted these idiots in? I’m not talking about just the present congress and administration here.
    So we must be idiots to keep electing them.?

The army of free stuff grows stronger every day. They will vote in more idiots.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Everybody wants something and its just not only monetary goes way beyond that.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Sounds like some people are unhappy with things where complex issues are reduced to a couple sentances. If your unhappy either really do something about it or leave.

Hey, don’t treat us like raccoons pooping on your boat.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Any more would start the abortion debate and then the thread would get locked.. CRD for the achieving a Utopian world and the fact I don’t plan on getting getting pregnant anytime soon, I’ll retract my “all but number two statement.

I stand corrected.

Al

The more you contribute to this thread the more confused I am . Anyhow WHATS YOUR POINT ?

ok you asked.

First my mistake, should have been CRC (castle rock clown), not CDR, and my comment to him was tounge in cheek trying to be humorous as I think he was.

Secondly, rual people (here in MN anyway) tend to lean towards anti abortion, and I tend to not have a 12 year old raped by a half dozen gang bangers have to bear the fruits of their labor..the kid, no matter what the parents say.

Remember you asked.

Al

castle-rock-clown

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds like some people are unhappy with things where complex issues are reduced to a couple sentances. If your unhappy either really do something about it or leave.

Hey, don’t treat us like raccoons pooping on your boat.

Don’t get on my bad side or I’ll be measuring you for a trap

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Don’t get on my bad side or I’ll be measuring you for a trap

Can you relocate me to Florida? I promise to be nice to the farmers chickens.

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

So Allen, if your twelve year daughter gets pregnant, she shouldnt come to you for permission or consent for the abortion or the abortion pill. Seriously a 12 year old in your opinion , should just make all these decisions without consent from you or Mom

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.