May have found a keeper or she wants something?

• mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

I am pretty much a guy who does everything on his own. I have been dating this girl for 8 months. Now I am packing my gear for a bowhunting trip to camp ripley this weekend and was in need of an updated bowhunting outfit. So we go to two different stores and I finally pick out what I want after about 1 and half (when it comes to hunting/fishing gear I shop like a woman looking for an outfit to a wedding). She takes my outfit as I go to get some new socks and by the time I return has it all paid for and we are ready to go. Won’t take my money, all she said was happy birthday hope you have a fun weekend.

First off its not my birthday, so either I finally found someone that actually understands that this is my time of year or when I get back from my trip she wants me to do something for her. I guess I won’t know until Sunday. Little does she know I have the next 12 days off for hunting and fishing, so if she has something for me to do it will have to wait until Nov 8th.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Please tell her it’s not my birthday either!

kroger3
    blaine mn

or she doesnt know when your birthday is and thinks shes off the hook for about a year…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

or she doesnt know when your birthday is and thinks shes off the hook for about a year…

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

She knows when my birthday is but I am betting you could be on to something with this one. I am thinking I getting a cake for my birthday this year and that is about it or no x mas present.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I think she is being thoughtful. She probably finds you hard to shop for. I know my wife finds me hard to shop for. I’d say she is a keeper.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I’d say, don’t ask questions !!! Enjoy it Good luck on your Ripley hunt (left lots for you there)

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I recommend a “cautiously optimistic” approach to this situation.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

If it was a man doing this, he either wants something or has done something.

Since this is a woman, she either wants something or is planning to do something. We aren’t smart enough to be preemptive.

Good luck this weekend!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I’D SAY SHE’S A KEEPER. does she have a sister!!!!!!!

my wife gives me crap for ALL the toys i have, but guess who bought most if not all them!!!

heck just last nite i petitioned to buy a gazzette for publichunting lands and she said yep without battin an eye.

i’m not sur she just wants me gone or what!!

timmy

Either way – you are a winner…………

(just dont start your comments with “I needed a new outfit”….you lose all street cred)

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Quote:

(just dont start your comments with “I needed a new outfit”….you lose all street cred)

Exactly….What’s up with using the word “outfit”?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

She sounds like a keeper. My guess is she wants a ring from you one day.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Man O Man Mike !!!

You do have a horse shoe in your pocket !!!

Make sure to return the favor buddy !!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

Man O Man Mike !!!

You do have a horse shoe in your pocket !!!

Make sure to return the favor buddy !!

Yep. Seen some camo ladies under garments at Fleet Farm that may be appropriate. If that doesn’t work chicks love snow tires.

Good luck on the hunt.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

….Be fing carefull. Pun.! Women can bite like a rattle snake but they don’t always rattle 1st.. ……rrr

blufloyd

Continue the fantasy just do not return early for the surprise…

I didn’t get to be 60 and still single by dating…..

ekruger01

Quote:

She sounds like a keeper. My guess is she wants a ring from you one day.

My thoughts exactly.

Follmerpa
    white bear lake

For what its worth, I would randomly say you need a new truck, if she springs for the truck definitley a keeper.

chirp
    Rochester

BK it’s always your birthday on IDO

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

My guess is that she hid something in that “outfit”! Probably a GPS tracking device. Make sure you don’t go……..you know where with that thing on.

I used to say outfit when I was dating my wife, she still uses this against me!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

Yup. All women are crazy, some just hide it better than others.

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

For what its worth, I would randomly say you need a new truck, if she springs for the truck definitley a keeper.

I am going to ask for that today, she has been wanting a new vehicle and I think my current one would be perfect for her while I roll around in a brand new truck she paid for. I think you may be on to something.

Oh and sorry “I needed an updated camo jacket and pants”.

Heck she keeps buying me stuff like that I just may have to keep her around. I am thinking if she wants a ring someday she better like cubic zerconia cause I want a new 4-wheeler too.

chirp
    Rochester

I hope she’s not an IDO member. “Cubic Zirconia?”

onestout
    Hudson, WI

good luck.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Hey, at least she didn’t comment that the outfits make your thighs look fat.

You missed a prime opportunity to come out of the dressing room and look her dead in the eye and say, “Does RealTree AP pattern make my butt look saggy?”

Grouse

SunnyFishin

Is it like a new car, can you take it for a test drive? Make sure it keeps a similar operation for a few seasons?

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Well I will always have my reserves after my divorce but she moved in a month ago and wanted to remodel my house to make it less of a man cave. I told her to do whatever she wants but don’t plan on me helping do a whole lot since its fall. My exact words were “This is my time of year if you wanted it done we should have done it right away, now is the best hunting and fishing so I am not doing anything.” So far she has only asked me to help set the new kitchen counter, install the new sink, and move a couch. She has re-done the kitchen, painted all 3 bedrooms, two living rooms and turned storage room into a walk in closet. She wants me to help redo the bathroom now and I told her November 18th would be a good day to start and it has to be done in a week because I got drawn for a wolf tag season B and am hoping early ice fishing will be ready by Thanksgiving this year.

She hasn’t complained or made me feel bad for not helping (yet) as long as I keep cooking dinners for her and buying the beer I think this is going to workout.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.