Moose spotted in Central MN

• jsrevermann
    Central MN

There are people seeing a moose wondering around near Freeport, MN. Last I heard it had moved on to Albany, MN. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
    Check this out to see some pics people have captured.

photos of moose

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Over the last decade I have seen 10 plus near Barnesville, I saw 4 in one herd. The are around!

deertracker

It started in the Alexandria area and moved to the Osakis area last I heard. It looked like a small bull from the pictures I saw.

DT

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

WOW! Good to know,, I hunt only a few miles from Albany.. Now i’m prepared and can keep the shorts clean!

lots-of-luck
    Mayer, MN

Seen one on Ferndale Drive (north side of Lake Minnetonka) in Wayzata in 2001.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

We had one out in central SD just north of Pierre last year. I assume he came from NW Mn or ND??

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

We’ve seen a few by the farm in Malmo over the years and a family friend who grooms the snowmobile trails in Aitkin county sees them fairly regularly and has found the sheds from a few nice bulls as well

hop307
    Northern Todd County

I think a drive around the country side is in order this evening, since I do live in Albany.

I remember about 15 years ago seeing one along 94 between Melrose and Sauk Centre.

big_g
    Isle, MN

There was one in Waite Park about 3-4 years ago

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I remember a long time ago a moose showing up in the metro area and they shot it, because they thought it had a brain disease.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

I remember a long time ago a moose showing up in the metro area and they shot it, because they thought it had a brain disease.

I guess BK’s lucky they havent taken a shot at him yet.

desperado

Really ? He’s not that big of a guy !

desperado

Back in the 1980’s there was a whole heard of brain addled Cow Moose in downtown St Paul on any given Saturday Night … and we called it “THE OZ”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Quote:

I guess BK’s lucky they havent taken a shot at him yet.

I need to take you fishing…at night…when no one is watching.

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Melrose is my hometown and I heading back there is weekend, I might have to go on a little drive and try to see if I can find it. It will be a good excuse while I am scouting for ducks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.