Fairwell to 4 Seasons

• musky_ben
    Red Wing, MN

I have recently accepted a position with Stevens Point Fire Dept. I would like to take a second and thank everyone, past and present that I have met through both 4 Seasons Sports and IDO. Don’t get me wrong I will still be an IDOer, but the people I have met will be never forgotten……Thanks for making my time in Red Wing and Pool 4 so enjoyable.

P.S. If you live in the Stevens Point area send me a PM I need to learn the waters!!!

smoke grub

take your time and go slow. one guy I know went there for the first time and lost a lower unit.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I can hear the walleye’s of Pool 4 rejoycing!

Congrats Ben!

Take it easy on the Point Beer and make sure you pick up a good fly rod from 4 Seasons before you leave.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

great career choice. how big is that department? minneapolis is short staffed and old right now, nobody under 30 and less than 390 people in suppresion. with less than 400, minneapolis is not considered a big city fire department anymore. they will be hireing within the next year. the current list is about 7 years old and the cost to put on a full blowen hireing test is somewhere around $300,000. the city and the union are looking at other options to put a class together. good luck with your new career and stay safe out there……… tom fellegy, captain of Engine 6 C-shift minneapolis fire department

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Tom, would Ben even have a opportunity to get hired in Mpls.? Far as I know he is a WHITE, MALE. My guess is the department would need to be pretty short staffed before they got down to hiring white males again.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Congrats on the move. I was just recently hired on the Rochester fire department. After 12 weeks it has been a great move for me. Hard work at times but very rewarding.

The best advise I received was to be the first to pick up a broom and the last to open your mouth.

Good luck in your move.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

as far as ben’s chances would be, i would think pretty good. minneapolis is haled as the most diverse department in the country, so there should not be any monkey business in the hireing process. i recieved from a family friend, the same advise as farmboy recieved when i got on in minneapolis. good advise by the way. i will post when more information becomes available about when, where and how apps will be accepted………….tom

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

So does that mean theres a job opening at 4 seasons?

deertracker

Congrats on the move!

Quote:

The best advise I received was to be the first to pick up a broom and the last to open your mouth.

I gave that advice to my wife on our wedding day…..She didn’t follow it.

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

Ben has been with Red Wing Fire Dept for a few years now and I haven’t seen him pick up a broom or close his mouth yet.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Quote:

Ben has been with Red Wing Fire Dept for a few years now and I haven’t seen him pick up a broom or close his mouth yet.

I wanted to say that so bad! But I wasn’t done sweeping.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Good Luck Ben,
    Thanks and BE SAFE,
    Jack

desperado

Quote:

Quote:

I gave that advice to my wife on our wedding day…..She didn’t follow it.

When I gave that advice to my wife, she picked up a broom and closed my mouth.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

well at least you guys didnt refer to that broom as your wifes form of transportation!!!!!!!

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

Congratulations! Hope everything turns out the way you want it!

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Ben Point is 45 minutes from where I live. Very nice area and alot of fishing from Point on north. I do most of my fishing in the Minocqua area.Good luck with the new job.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.