Open for any ideas

• adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

So I got invited to fish the High School World Championship bass tournament in Arkansas in July. I need to make money to pay for this trip and also for college coming up. Anyone got any sick idea’s to make money so I can pursue this dream?

jon johansen
    menomonie wi

Sell your blood and plasma Wait your in college you have to high a blood alcohol level

oops hit enter before i thought. your still in H.S.

Good luck fishing

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Have a fund raiser tourney – Get some manufactures or local merchants to donate a few items – Or contact a few pro fishermen and see if they will donate signed shirts. Maybe see if members here on IDO will donate any unused tackle and have a tackle sale. Hope you find a way to fund the Trip and if so Best of luck to you in it.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Is it televised? Why don’t you look for sponsors to cover the travel costs. Make arrangements to get a write up in your local paper, ask that the author include the sponsor’s names. It’s not like you need thousands of dollars for a trip like this, line up $50-$100 from each sponsor. Be sure to let them know you will be willing to do things in return for their support.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Sell all you hotspots on Cedar Lake – I know a few guys that would pay for that Info.

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

I have won my fair share of tournies on Cedar how much you think those spots will cost? Yea I was thinkin about talkin to local businesses and seeing if I can get like $50 from some and have a local write up. Maybe I can contact a couple pro’s I know, the tackle idea is a good one too! Thanks you guys.

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

Oh and yes it is televised!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

What do you know how to do? I had a guy that worked for me a number of years ago that worked June through Aug installing fiber and outside plant cable. Dam hard worker and was worth every dollar he was paid. He did it right, brown bag lunch, stayed out of the bars, worked, worked, and wanted more work. You would have been shocked to find out how much money he banked in 3 months by busting his rear and not blowing any of it – good luck

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Get a job. Between now and July you can make quite a bit of cash.

Or, write the government and see what programs you can qualify for.

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

I currently have a job as a cook at our local golf course which isn’t open yet. Just sent out more job applications. I am a cook at the golf course, that’s what I know how to do. I know how to Golf, play Basketball, and Fish. I am also trying to become a published writer but that doesn’t help with anything.

Brian Hoffies

Sending out resumes will just help spend your money on stamps. If you want a job get out and talk to the people doing the hiring. General, unskilled labor (which you are at this point) doesn’t require a resume. It requires somebody willing to look for a job.

Have you talked to the pizza shops about delivering pizza after school? Most pizza shops shut down at 10 during the week making it a ideal job for school kids. They can make some money and still have time for studies and getting some sleep.

How about Colborn’s? Applied to stock or carry out there?
    Jobs are much easier to find once you get one. Get a job and then start talking to the builders, concrete guys around town. They always need grunts in the summer. Work is hard, but generally those guys will pay you pretty good also.

Golf, Basketball & Fishing are GREAT hobbies. They just don’t pay well at your age.

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

Thats exactly what I was thinking as well. I am already going around town and talking to people.

Brian Hoffies

I have NEVER in my life hired anybody via a resume I received in the mail. I however have hired people who have just stopped in off the street. Show the people that you are serious about getting a job. Let them know you have a goal (Trip to Arkansas) that you are working towards.

When it comes to the available talent pool, you are on the bottom. You need to work harder to get the jobs that are available. Anytime you get a interview wait 2 days and THEN STOP BACK IN and ask if they have made a decision. Don’t hound them to death but, make sure they understand you are serious and want that job. Make them tell you no, and then move on.

Unlike many people believe, you are not owed a job. You are only owed the right to work in this country. Getting and hanging onto a job is your responsibility.

Good luck in the search. The only people who fail are those who don’t try.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Geez Dutchy, take it easy on the kid.. “you are unskilled” and “you are at the bottom of the talent pool”. Purely your opinion and rather harsh comments for not even knowing him and/or his abilities. Hope you didn’t expect him to take notes during your lecture….

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

No I understand and i appreciate the lecture haha. It’s nice hearing what I do when pursuing a job is good. I am workin towards getting a 2nd other than the golf course job. Just lookin for any ideas so raising money and you guys have had plently of great ones!

herb
    6ft under

Male gigolo.
    Well, you said sick ideas.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Hey kid,
    I like your moxie. Pm your address and I will make donation. Good luck

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

haha well thanks, I appreciate the compliment!

jsfishin
    Urbana, IA

Quote:

No I understand and i appreciate the lecture haha. It’s nice hearing what I do when pursuing a job is good. I am workin towards getting a 2nd other than the golf course job. Just lookin for any ideas so raising money and you guys have had plently of great ones!

I’d be looking to ‘invest’ in your dream..$50.
    What would my pay back be if you won… +10%?

A local kid around here did this for a golf career, he now is doing quite well, Zach Johnson.

What are the top 5 prizes?
    Do you feel confident in winning?

jsfishin
    Urbana, IA

I know my investment is a risk, but so is any
    venture these days. With all the information in these
    threads and tid bits guys give, you already have a slight edge in the field…

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Don’t forget to check for the odd job, someone cleaning a basement out, painting a room or two, shoveling snow, ect.

Few bucks here and there add up.

Good luck.

Al

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

Well I am confident I can do well. I don’t want to be cokcy, but I think I stand a good chance. I think of myself as a very consistent bass fisherman, unlike many kids my age. I know other kids who have gone down there and placed in the top 30 and I think of myself as a much more consistent fisherman than hem. I would also say i am a versitile fisherman but like i said I have never fished in Arkansas.

I have plenty of people I know who are willing to help with spots and info. I know lots of people who want to help with that.

As for prizes. What I get back would be scholarships, and other various prizes, I don’t think cash is any of them Here is a link if you would like to learn more. Send me a PM if you have any interest and feel free to ask any more questions.

http://www.highschoolfishing.org/news/hsfwf/2012-high-school-fishing-world-finals-returns-to-lake-dardanelle/#more-1321

jsfishin
    Urbana, IA

Cool, no entry fee. And it’s set up like a family vacation/outing. You and the adult your fishing with should be able to fair well. It’s a shame my suggestion only brought PMs of warnings and cautions.
    Good luck.

adam-bartusek
    New Prague, MN

Quote:

Cool, no entry fee. And it’s set up like a family vacation/outing. You and the adult your fishing with should be able to fair well. It’s a shame my suggestion only brought PMs of warnings and cautions.
    Good luck.

Well I appreciate everything you guys have ever given. Just an update it’s looking like we will possibly be going, other companies have been interested because of performance in tournaments last year and because of the family I have around me.

Also a side note I will be fishing for the University Of Wisconsin Stevens Point. They are the 3rd ranked team in the nation now and participating in the national championship this weekend. So any investments made are being made to a kid who is going to college.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.