It Is Leukemia

• col._klink
    St Paul

Well Madelyn does have Leukemia. I cant sleep and I feel helpless. I have not had a somke in 6 months and had to slap my self in the face when I went to buy a pack. I fought the urge off and got a pack of gum instead.

6am we are going in for a bone marrow biopsy to see what type of Leukemia it is. My heart just fell out of my chest. I would not wish cancer on my worst enemy. esp in a kid.

I set up a caring bridge site if anyone wants to check it out. You can write on her wall and I will read it to her. She loves getting mail and messages! http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/madelynroseklinkhammer

I have recieved a bunch of messages texts phone calls emails letter and cards. So many my head is spining. THANK YOU!! Each note I read takes my confidence up!! Sorry if I have not replied yet. I am working thorugh my stuff! I will get back you. It is really hard to write what is happening with out tearing up. Thanks again folks I am going to try to sleep a little tonight.

skeeterbite
    illinois

There is not much to say except our thoughts and prayers are with you and youre family. I have 5 grand kids and i dont know how i would cope. Have faith, stay strong youre little girl is going to be a miracle child. I have a great nephew who was born 4 months premature with a 10% chance of survival, JD is 6 now. We have a miracle child you will also.God will give you the strength to overcome this, please remember “NEVER SAY NEVER” Have faith.

jsfishin
    Urbana, IA

“you only fail when you stop trying”.
    God be with you and all of yours. My mother in law is a 9 year
    survivor from breast cancer. Were all with you in your fight.
    Do not go it alone.

hgsivu
    Mesa AZ

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

grey-ghost
    AR-USA

Our thoughts and prayer are with you, the good Lord will be with you and help you, Trust him!!

KirtH
    Lakeville

Our thoughts and prayer are with you.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Madelyn, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Dearest Madelyn

You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

She’ll be in our prayers every day. Stay strong dad, and we’ll do everything we can with the big guy upstairs to keep her on the road to recovery.

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

Prayers to your family from mine.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Being the dad of 2 young kids, I can’t even imagine what it would be like and what you must be going thru… stay strong for your little girl and trust in the Lord. Remember he gives you nothing that you cannot handle – keep the Faith and may the Lord place his healing hands on your daughter and your family.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have 2 friends that their kids both had this terrible disease about 10 years ago. Both are doing GREAT!! It’s a long road , but keep the faith and she’ll be fine.

Prayer to you & your family.

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

Having 3 small kid myself I can’t imagine feeling.Stay strong for your families sake.Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Such a sad deal, why children, as a father its one of my top fears as a parent or grandparent our hands are tied making it even worse, your little girl is in my familiys prayers

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

I will pray for her. Best of luck and be strong for her.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Hang in there all. Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

stuart
    Mn.

My prayers go out for her.She can and will beat it.Keep the faith.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

We will be praying for your daughter…

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Horrible, horrible news! My heart goes out to you.

On the bright side, a very good friend of mine had leukemia as a child, and she leads a normal life now. In fact, she’s a pediatrician!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Bad news at the holidays is tough. Stay strong and we’ll hope for some holiday magic for your family this year.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Praying for you guys! All of you stay strong.

redneck
    Rosemount

Hank,
    Please know your IDO family is here for you and if there is anything we can do—please ask.
    Everyone,
    After reading this post I know everyone’s heart is heavy and prayers are sent and you all wish there was a way to show you care. Find the post titled “do me a favor” and send Madelyn an electronic card. It only takes a few seconds and at least it is doing SOMETHING! My Christmas wish would be that we would flood the hospital with so many cards that they beg Hank to make them stop because they have never seen anything like it before. Here at IDO we are a family and one of our own is in a situation that terrifies each and every one of us so we need to show young Madelyn that her Dad has many friends who care about her.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Prayers sent! Never give up hope.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

Maddie is going to beat this.
    You be strong for her…

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Stay strong for her and she will continue to amaze you!

john_steinhauer
    p4

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

God is with you folks and he will help. Drew s/w WI.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Hank, I was diagnosed as stage 4 kidney and brain cancer in the past. Through prayers from everyone here and beyond, and excellent doctors I am doing very well and am praying for the same for Maddie! It can and with God’s will it happen for her!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Prayer sent and stay strong.

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

May God Bless little Madelyn, you and your family as you go this. You are all in my prayers. Have faith.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.