Dangerous Mission, Wish Me Luck

• blackbay

Today I embark on one of the most dangerous things a man can do. Yes I am going Christmas shopping for my wife. The danger doesn’t lie with getting the wrong size or color. It in fact lies with the fact that not only do I have to stop at a jeweler but I also plan to stop at Fleet Farm and possibly Cabelas for some camo fleece she likes. Wish me luck that I may be strong and not spend any money on myself. Not even a jigging spoon shall be held in these hands.

Man I hate shopping.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Suicide Mission.

Men much better than you have fallen taking on this mission.

Good Luck and may the FORCE be with you.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Spend it, remember it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission.

Al

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I am passing on gifts for the wife this year. I will find something for the girlfriend though.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Christmas shopping. Ohh man it is the 24th already

stretchout
    Menomonie, WI

Brother, I feel your pain.

I’m embarking on a similar mission today, only it involves shopping WITH the wife. I’ve already been warned that I’m expected to be “holly” and “jolly”…whatever that’s supposed to mean. I guess when I’m sick of the whining and begging, I’ll just shut up.

Oh well, at least the day ends with the company party, and free booze!

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Quote:

Not even a jigging spoon shall be held in these hands.

I’m betting on Cabelas and Fleet Farm! They will win. No one man has that kind of will power. That’s worse than Superman running into a battle with Kryptonite.
    Other one bites the dust

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Just remember if she asks ” does this make me look fat ” its a trap…

TroyRozeske
    Burnsville MN

Good luck with that.

I wouldn’t send the Navy Seals that killed Bin Laden on that mission!

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

TAKE NO PRISONERS!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Good luck out there At least you have a wife that actually LIKES camo That’s got to be worth something.

Be safe out there, I’ve heard some of these may help

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Pink camo lingerie at Fleet Farm.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Man I hate shopping.

X2

Luckily wife and I have got to the point were we just go out and buy what we want and are done with it!

-J.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Today I embark on one of the most dangerous things a man can do. Yes I am going Christmas shopping for my wife. The danger doesn’t lie with getting the wrong size or color. It in fact lies with the fact that not only do I have to stop at a jeweler but I also plan to stop at Fleet Farm and possibly Cabelas for some camo fleece she likes. Wish me luck that I may be strong and not spend any money on myself. Not even a jigging spoon shall be held in these hands.

Man I hate shopping.

Make Cabelas your last stop. After the days activities I think you deserve to pick out 5 jiggin spoons

Follmerpa
    white bear lake

Go to Fleet Farm and Cabelas first. That way you will have less to spend at the jewelers. Diamonds are like something else??? size does matter! so take care of yourself first.

Good luck stay focused.

lhprop1
    Eagan

I believe General Eisenhower said it best

Boyfriends, Husbands, and fishermen of the Allied Expeditionary Force!

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you.

In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on
    other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the Christmas funds, the elimination of wrapping paper, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy shopper is well trained, well equipped and battle hardened. He will fight savagely for the last gift on the shelf.

But this is the year 2011! Much has happened since the online shopping triumphs of 2008-2009. The United Nations have inflicted upon the retailers great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our online offensive has seriously reduced their strength on the internet and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained shopping men.

The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to Victory!

I have full confidence in your courage and devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good luck! And let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Diamond Jigs should cover you. Get a little jewelry box to put them in. What woman would not be happy getting diamonds for xmas.

Sounds like i have to go to Koels this year to shop for her. Not sure if there was ever a more non man store built.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Let us know what you get yourself

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

I am passing on gifts for the wife this year. I will find something for the girlfriend though.

Wives are way to expensive as it is! Especially Ex-Wives!

desperado

I got a new ice auger for my wife this fall
    starting to doubt the wisdom of that deal though, I might start ta miss her by springtime

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Quote:

Not even a jigging spoon shall be held in these hands.
    Good Luck

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Tell her about the report on KARE 11 last night, saying jewelry was the worst gift in terms of price to buy this time of year.

Then tell her you don’t care about the report, she’s worth every penny.

Make sure you are in Cabelas when you tell her this stuff. It will be much easier to ask for that new ice house!!

ET

blackbay

Thanks for everyone’s support. The whole shopping thing can be tough on a guy. Well I started off strong. I hit the book store, Herbergers, the jeweler…then I hit Fleet Farm and I weakened. Like Mike said I picked up some diamond jigs. Gold ones even, and fire tiger and orange tiger, a new scoop and a fan for my hub. I justified it by telling myself they are for my dad. Yea it’s ok, after all they’re for my dad, I can buy these. He’ll let me borrow one or two. The last stop was Cabela’s. I picked up the fleece and a few shirts for the wife and kids. Then I figured since I was there I may as well just LOOK at the ice gear. It can’t hurt to look. I was actually good and only picked up a spool of PLine for myself. Now after Christmas it’s going to no holds barred, especially if I get a gift card or two. I may go wild and get a new Power Noodle. In the mean time I have all my Christmas shopping done.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.