Well….Ponder looks pretty good

• walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I hope we get to see the kid’s first NFL start next week at home against the cheeseheads.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Maybe make him the starting QB??

Looks pretty good for a non starter, I’d like to see him play much more…much more.

Al

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’d like to see him play much more…much more.

Al

I can’t see any reason not to start him. McNabb looks completely over-matched.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I can’t see any reason not to start him. The entire team looks completely over-matched.

FTFY

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

What’s the worst that can happen?

Another loss?

I say give him a shot and see just how good he is.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

I can’t see any reason not to start him. The entire team looks completely over-matched.

So true. It will be interesting to see if Frazier has the guts to sit McNabb and go with Ponder for the game versus the Pack.

FTFY

liar
    Lakeville

I was watching the “look” on the receivers faces after the bad passes from Mcnab. Guys looked very frustrated with him. I would like to see how they do with a quarterback they want to play for. Didn’t they bench Mcnab in Washington last year because he was so bad?
    See ya Donavan. You’ve got time to hit the pond for some night trolling now.

big_g
    Isle, MN

No kidding.. he threw one early to Shianco, about a 10 yarder, a good foot behind him and high.. about twisted Visanthe out of his pink shoes… of course he didn’t get it… and Michaels says, “another dropped pass that hit him in the hands” … WTF ???

Season is over, let’s get the kid in there

fireline
    Rochester

How long do you think Frazier will be around ?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I’m just a little upset after we didnt change after the Lions game.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I’d like to see him play much more…much more.

Al

I can’t see any reason not to start him. McNabb looks completely over-matched.

Yes he does.

At least when Ponder was in there things seemed to happen, and with the next 2 of 3 games being against Green Bay, I’d say let the kid play and if he doesn’t get killed in the next few games, dump McNabb and make him a starter.

Al

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

start him against the Pack. they have been giving up huge amounts of yardage thru the air and the ground. McNabb would probably throw for 250 against them.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

With the O-line hurting, McNab not being the most mobile, and nothing to lose, why not let the kid get some experience.

I understanding Chicago was not running a standard Defense, but he had some good throws. The year is shot let him play!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I watched I think 1 play. A pass right into Harvin’s hands that he inexplicably dropped. Donnie was 19 of 24 for 177 yards. Ponder was 9 of 17 for 99. Not seeing the game I would have assumed Donnie got hurt.

Any how, I’d start Donnie one more game. No sense in having Ponder getting his leg snapped or a concussion at the hands of AJ Hawk.

But I care not either way.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I don’t get the play call when they put Webb in for a couple plays? Looked like pre season high school coaching! That really had to mess up McNabs head there.

Frazier gets fired after the loss to Green Bay.

-J.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Quote:

start him against the Pack. they have been giving up huge amounts of yardage thru the air and the ground. McNabb would probably throw for 250 against them.

Which Mcnabb have you been watching – he could not pass for 250 Yards against a Jr Varsity football team

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Frazier gets fired after the loss to Green Bay.

-J.

Which one ???

McNabb makes our receivers look really good or really bad… it’s either a spectacular catch, thrown 2 yards behind em or he hits em in the hands and they drop it… with our receiver core & QB situation(as every other team has now figured out) Peterson can be stifled and our passing game can stop itself…. I don’t have all the answers, I don’t know that you can undo with “coaching” the things they are screwing up on. Personnel changes, I put squarely on the coaches head. Seem to me, MN was always a sit on a lead kind of team.. that was proven earlier, now seems they can’t even get a lead… Thank god for deer hunting

das_bass
    Mound, MN

Quote:

I watched I think 1 play. A pass right into Harvin’s hands that he inexplicably dropped. Donnie was 19 of 24 for 177 yards. Ponder was 9 of 17 for 99. Not seeing the game I would have assumed Donnie got hurt.

Actually, McNab was one of the brighter spots yesterday. He still had a few thrown into the ground, but it looked like he had quite a number of drops. Both the O-Line and D-Line were bad, and special teams was terrible. I didn’t check the final numbers, but Hester probably had about as many pass&return yards as the entire Vikings offense. Pass rush was almost non-existant, pass defense had plenty of holes.

Probably their worst game of the year!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Give a rookie his first regular season NFL start against the only unbeaten team in the NFL? I’m thinking not.

Why set him up for failure and crush his confidence? As others have said, what’s to lose by starting McNab? Put the wiley old veteran in there so he can do what he’s paid to do.

Then when the Pack crushes him like a Miller Lite can on the 494 strip during rush hour, put Ponder in. Then it’s not his “loss”, he’s coming in trying to salvage something.

Too early to talk about canning Frazier. As with Kill over at the U, the coach has to play the team he’s been handed, not the team he wishes he had or the team he’d want to build. Frazier coaches the game, he doesn’t play the game.

Grouse

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Quote:

Give a rookie his first regular season NFL start against the only unbeaten team in the NFL? I’m thinking not.

Why set him up for failure and crush his confidence? As others have said, what’s to lose by starting McNab? Put the wiley old veteran in there so he can do what he’s paid to do.

Then when the Pack crushes him like a Miller Lite can on the 494 strip during rush hour, put Ponder in. Then it’s not his “loss”, he’s coming in trying to salvage something.

Too early to talk about canning Frazier. As with Kill over at the U, the coach has to play the team he’s been handed, not the team he wishes he had or the team he’d want to build. Frazier coaches the game, he doesn’t play the game.

Grouse

blowing 3 consecutive games with a huge lead at halftime = bad coaching.
    best running back in league & arguably best defense with a 1-4 record = bad coaching
    picking up mcnabb after seeing his season in Washington = well you know..

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Big difference between Frazier and Kill, obviously. But Frazier is working with a team that was 6-10 last year, and that was with a HOF QB!

So I give Frazier another year, unless we see 2 or 3 more games where they blow a huge first half lead.

Can you imagine if this team was 4-2 because they didn’t blow leads in the first 3 games? The fan base would be a little delusional in thinking this team was actually that good as opposed to a 1-5 team.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

We really need Miami, Seattle, Arizona and St. Louis to win some games this year.

hnd

mcnabb wasn’t the problem the other day. your oline is bad. your receivers are meh. and he’s old and not mobile enough to deal with a bad oline. you guys weren’t going to be good this year so bringing in mcnabb was a good decision. ponder looked good against a bears cover 2 that was in non press mode but i’d still start mcnabb. they put ponder in to save mcnabbs life.

ponder looked like he can play qb in the nfl though. next year look for him to be good.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.