Washington lake ?? near Darwin.

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi All, was thinking on heading over to Lake Washington near Darwin, MN in a few weeks. anyone have any tips on largemouth around the lake. thanks. Jack.

jonn

It’s a big shallow lake Jack and it has smallies…not quite in the numbers we experienced last fall, if you remember. So look for the smallies mixed in with the largemouths. The bass in the Dassel to Annandale area are shallow right now, but in a couple of weeks that could change. In terms of Washington, the water clarity is low so utilize bright baits. Spinnerbaits have worked great as well as rattle traps and tubes. I’ve caught BIG bass out of inches of water on Washington. Good luck. Jon

newt
    Pillager, MN

I fished Washington a few weeks ago and found fish on the north side from the point and then west. I also caught some along the west shore line among the growing weeds. The reeds didn’t have much of anything in them on the south side. There is a submerged point on the north west side that I didn’t try but looks interesting, I thought I would find more bass closer to shore at that time.

Hope that can get you started.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Thanks Jon and Newt for the replies, I’ll have to get back to you both after I get back and let you know how it goes, It won’t be for a few weeks tho. thanks again for the tips. Jack.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.