Big Stone

• STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

Kinda quiet around here. My brother and sister in law are looking at buying a cabin on Big Stone. I don’t know much about it so I thought I’d ask IDO. What is it like in the summer? Busy, crazy, peacefully? I know it has a few fish in it. Is it good for swimming and skiing?
    They both like to bird hunt, is that an option in the area? I’m looking for any info good or bad on the lake/area. Thanks

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

The lake is stuffed with eyes, but she can be very fickle just like the sippi- There are tricks to the lake you will eventually learn. The lake is very shallow, and can be beautiful for swimming and everything , but sometimes late summer there are some freaky blue green algae blooms. Very fertile, great fishery, pheasants=it’s SD- you will find pheasants. Perch can be good too- beware of sheepshead, they are hungry all of the time. Before any purchase, call the SD GFP and they will tell you health and status of the fishery, and know the bird opportunities available. Good luck! Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.