Tutle Flambeau Flowage

• bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

Looking to stay on turtle flambeau this summer for a week long vacation with the family. I’m looking for lodging and places to stay…any help would be greatly appreciated

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

If you dont mind me asking, whens the best time of year to fish this lake? hows the panfishing and bass fishing?

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

sorry to say, but I only get up there in early May. I’d suggest you read thru here: http://www.outdoors911.com/reports/forumdisplay.php?f=130

You’ll see the name Don Pemble a lot. We use him every year, I consider him to be one of the premier guides on the TFF. If you’ve never been there before, book him early in your week, so you can learn what to do and use the rest of the time.
    HRG

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I have fished with Don almost every opener since 2005. Great guy to fish with. Really cut down on the learning curve. It’s a big, tough body of water to figure out. Good to great walleye fishing but size isn’t great. Fabulous smallmouth fishing in the summer.

bucketmouth1
    Lancaster, WI

SteveO,

Hows the largemouth population in this lake? we love to catch smallies but also like fishin slop for largemouth

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Not sure if there are largies in there, definitely smallies though.

Mark

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Largies are very few and far between. So is slop. lots of rock and wood. there may be some local lakes that hold them. mbenson would be the guy to ask.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

SteveO:

I forgot to tell you, I don’t fish largies very often… LOL!!! Bucket and I have been doing some conversing via the PM and actually put together a phone call. I don’t know that he has made a decision yet, but I know he is closing in on one though… As for the slop in the TFF, about the only place where I think you might find some is going to be the Murray’s arm, otherwise SteveO is spot on, lots of rock and wood!!!

Mark

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.