Wisconsin Dells Area (Rivers Edge Resort)

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Anglers, lots of action going on at Rivers Edge Resort and it’s not all catching fish. It’s all the boats trying to launch in LOW water conditions. I heard today they did go in there with a backhole and dug it out so it should be easier to launch now. They are catching fish, but like every year at this time of year you have to deal with lots of boat(fishing) pressure. Launching here on weekends could be stressfull so have patient. Treat anglers the way you would like to be treated. Remember there will be guys getting there boat out of storage for the first time. if they fog the motor we all know how hard they can be to start for the first time. And what about the angler that got there new boat and is trying to launch it for thr first time and even start a new boat. We all need to have patient and give yourself pletty of time. Don’t think that you are going to this launch on the weekend and launch in ten minutes, it might take a while. Remember fishing is post to be fun. Don’t let a guy wreck your fishing trip at the launch. Lets all have fun ask to help a fellow angler out. Also before making the trip here check out the website http://www.riversedgeresort.com then click on FISHING REPORTS BOLA

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks for the link Jeff. I am heading for the dells on the weekend of March 15. Doing the family thing at one of the big hotels there. Anyone down there interisted in some company for a few hours on the river. Would love to sneek away and check out a new strech of river and I would be happy to return the favor on one of the rivers around the metro area.
    What is the river depth like in that area. I take it most people there are taking fish on minnows. Wonder what a super doo would do on those fish. Good luck fishing

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Hi Mike, have fun at the Dells on the 15th. Your a luckly man if you get to sneak away from the family to go fishing that weekend. All I know is when I tried that when we went to the Dells for family vacation I thought the wife was going to cut off my ???????????. So good luck, but if you happen to get away make sure you take some zip lures, Nuckle ball and Zone-R jigs for the jig and minnow combo. And the old John Gillespie special rig, split shot and hook and minnow, hook the minnow in the tail trick. There catching fish in 12 to 25 feet of water, and make sure you do try the Super doo . BOLA

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks Jeff. If I dont try it wont happen. I hope it doesn’t turn ugly for me or even worse the fish are not bitting.

teamvexilar
    Richland Center, Wisconsin

Thats the first time i’ve ever heard anybody mention the zip lure ever besides the commercials! I’ve had tremendous success using the smaller ones to catch countless numbers of big crappies and stripers on em. I had a lucky silver one with red eyes and I lost it in a fight with a big walleye right up to the boat

lundmann23
    Franklin

fished the dells on 3/7/03. caught 3 legals, 1 cpr 22 in sauger, and about 50 undersized. was planning on fishing saturday but weather turned me away. launch wasn’t that bad. had no problems getting in and out with 17 foot boat. just keep the motor up and don’t power load. heading back up this weekend. should be a zoo with the nice weather coming. Lundmann23

lundmann23
    Franklin

heading up in the morning for a couple days. will let you all know how it went when i return

lundmann23
    Franklin

fished the dells today. what a nightmare. boats every where. managed to get 2 keepers but over all it was slow compared to last friday. lindy rigs seem to work the best. if your planning on going tomorrow i would advise you to get there early. also launch is still in poor shape. Lundmann23

lundmann23
    Franklin

fished the dells again today. lots of fish but only 1 keeper. not as many boats out today as i thought there would be. anybody else fish the dells lately. not seeing many reports.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I stopped down at the rivers edge resort and watched the ramp for awhile this weekend. That was ass close as I got. The water was looking pretty clear on saturday. With all that boat traffic I was thinking things where looking a little slow out there. I never did see one person pick up a fish at the landing to show off. Looked like a great day to be on the river anyway.

lundmann23
    Franklin

anybody doing any good up here? i heard some nice ones are starting to be caught.

Duckman

Was up there Sunday, April 6 th caught about 30 fish between 2 guys 2 keepers lost 1 that was in the higher slot about 26″ going back this weekend hope they r there

Lines tight good fishing

KevinTurner
    MO & MN

Went to Rivers Edge on Mon the 14th. Couldn’t find a place to park the truck and trailer. Lots of boats on the water, but didn’t see any fish landed in the hour I was there. Awsome weather.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.