Zumbro Lake

• Anonymous

Anyone on here fish Zumbro Lake often? I’ll be fishing it a lot this summer and wondered if anyone would like to compare notes.

Anonymous

Where is it? Hawger

Anonymous

Lake Zumbro is just NE of Oronoco in between highway 52 and 63 North of Rochester about 15 minutes!

Anonymous

Once I get over this darn flu bug I plan on getting down there some on some week nights after work. With the warmer weather the water should start warming up which will bring the crappies in shallow for spawning. The lake also has stripers which are great for keeping the kids busy on fish. Once the bass opener gets here you will find some nice largemouth and small mouth on the shorelines. Bill

Anonymous

Hey Hawger, Lake Zumbro is a wide spot in the Zumbro River like Lake Pepin is a wide spot in the Mississippi River but is alot smaller then Pepin. The main species of fish are both smallmouth and largemouth, crappies, sunnys, catfish, stripers, and there are some northerns and muskies in there too. Its 12 miles from Rochester and has a campground right next to the DNR public ramp which is just above the power dam. The part of the river below the dam is a destinated catch and release no live bait smallmouth fishery that the DNR controlls. The area above the dam is the wider deeper part of the river called Lake Zumbro which boat fisherman and pleasure boats use. On Wed. nights in the summer the Water Ski Club puts on a free water ski show. In the summer the local bass club will have small weekly tournaments there. Bill

Anonymous

Bill hit it right on the head. It’s a nice little place and best of all, close! ) We’ve caught several crappies’ lately and I’ve managed to catch 1 Northern over 5 lbs each of the last 3 trips out.

Anonymous

Welcome to FTL and welcome to the area. You also might want to check out the sister website at http://www.fishtheriver.com And since you are a member of the bass club feel free to post the results of the tournaments on the Tournament Forum. Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.