Tetonka or Sakatah lakes?

• Anonymous

Thinking of going to Tetonka this weekend, I was down there last fall did not have much success but would like to try it again, any suggestions on where to start? Also I was talking to the bait shop down and he mentioned that Sakatah has a fair population of eye’s,any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Do you know the name and number of the bait shopin Waterville?

Thanks Kurt

Anonymous

Hi, Kurt,

The fish are in Tetonka. I can’t imagine that the weather has changed their patterns that much, although yesterday’s warmup may have sent the crappies into shallower waters. Read Hawger’s report from 5/10. Hunt carefully and look for them on your fish finder.

The fish don’t disappear, but they’ve moved around a lot this year, mainly because of the weather, I think. Be patient, try shallow first with a variety of presentations. The one thing that you might consider is try something slow, like a bobber and minnow, and then work your way up to faster moving items, like jigs or beetle spins. If you don’t find them shallow, keep searching steadily deeper.

The walleyes are there, too. Deep early on and shallow for feeding at sunset. Patience is the key.

Mike

Anonymous

It is…

Sid’s Tackle Box

101 Hwy 13 N.

Waterville, Mn 56096

Hours…

Mon. thru Thurs. – 6:00 am to 6:00 pm

Fri. – 6:00 am to 7:00 pm

Sat. & Sun. – 5:30 am to 7:00 pm

Right now, on Sakatah, the walleyes are in shallow in the evenings round “the Narrows” and round the bridges (in moving water).

Use shallow diving cranks. I have done very well with “Bombers” shallow on Tetonka, over the years. See jointed models at… http://www.lurenet.com/catalog_4.cfm?bid=2&pfid=106&mid=145&type=order&cfid=416786&cftoken=77365092&r=3788616876

This is my favorite… and by far my most effective shallow crank for walleye… the 15A Bomber. See it at…

http://www.lurenet.com/catalog_4.cfm?bid=2&pfid=106&mid=145&type=order&cfid=416786&cftoken=77365092&r=3788616876

I took three walleyes on the Crome / Black Back color, in 15 minutes… back to back, from the same area (next to the “Lagoons” on Tetonka)…. they were an 8+, 7 1/2, and a 6 1/2 . All walleyes from an area the size of a school bus… by working the area slowly and casting the “Bomber 15A”. Rich Smith was with that time out… What a night!

Key is…”Don’ Blow Your Cover”. When you take a fish, … back off the area some distance… and work your way back into the area very slowly, casting ahead of you… Take fish from the outside of the area first! Many more fish can be round that one further into an area. Try not to spook them out of the shallows… by fighting a big fish through the main fish holding area… Take the outside fish first! Once spooked out… they do not come back right away (like Bass and Crappies, and Sunfish do).

Hawger

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, I think I will start out on Tetonka saturday, I will be in the red Mr Pike

Thanks Kurt

Anonymous

Well I gave Tetonka a try Sat. not alot of success, tried alot of different areas, ended up with one small eye and to 4 slimers, I noticed that no one else was burning up the water either. I talked to a couple of guys at the landing and it was slow for them. Might give it another shot and also would like to try Cannon lake.

good luck moreyes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.