westside icehouses

• bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

Where is the best place for ice house on the westside? I was thinking either phils or twinpines?
    Anyone have suggestions or experiences?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I don’t venture to that side of the lake much, but I have gone out of Rocky Reef a few times in the winter. The road was good and they always pointed me in the right direction.

jt_fish

Garrison Sports is pretty good.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Quote:

I don’t venture to that side of the lake much, but I have gone out of Rocky Reef a few times in the winter. The road was good and they always pointed me in the right direction.

I would have to agree. Some of the best access to early ice fishing on the lake (IMHO) plus some good Jumbo fishing late in the season. Rockman always has good roads!

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

Sorry i wasn’t very clear. I have perment on the eastside right now. Just got another one that i want to put on the westside. Looking for a place that treats the house well, doesn’t try and rip it out of 4″ of ice, that sort of thing.
    Of course decent fishing is a big part too.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

My answer doesn’t change.

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

RR is OK but he doesnt go far with his roads.If it were me I would go up towards Garrison where you still have good fishing close to shore early and have roads out to the flats later on.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I thought he got out of the biz?

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Quote:

I thought he got out of the biz?

Hasn’t sold YET… Sold off a few of his lots but not the bar / resort yet.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

It was my impression he was piecing off the camp sites and continuing with the bar and landing, wasn’t sure if he’d continue a full service ice house rental business in the winter, but I’d bet he would.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.