Mille lacs 9/16

• empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

The night started just before sundown trolling cranks with luck right away on the southwest side in the rocks.
    I had two buddies with that don’t fish much and wanted some fish fry material and this spot didn’t disappoint with six fish between 16″ and 19″, mmm yummy. We did throw back some fish 20″-24″ but no piggys yet.
    We only were able to get in a couple hours of fishing before the storms and our cell phones (the wives calling from the Elk River area) ran us off the lake. No damage at house but it wasn’t far away.
    Fishing should keep getting better and better.

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Thanks for the info! I’ve been toying with the idea of loading up and heading over soon for the fall bite. What were you pulling for cranks and what depths were you working? Anyone having any luck during daylight hours? I need to put some eaters in the frezzer.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Evening hours yes!

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Unless things have changed you should be able to find some good eaters fishing the shallow rocks 6 to 9 feet. The bite was pretty good last weekend. East/southeast side. We were still fishing leeches and slip bobbers.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

Shad raps and husky jerks, 5-7 FOW. I have not been up during the day, sorry no info.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.