Lindy hooks

• Anonymous

This is for all you master lindy riggers on the Mille Lacs. Whats your favorite lindy hook for leeches and crawlers? I realize alot is just personal preference but was wondering what you guys think. I switched over to Gamakatsu Walleye Wide Gaps and really like them. Any other opinions?

Anonymous

#6 Gamakatsu Octopus hooks for leeches, Blue or green

#4 gamakatsu Octopus hooks for harnesses, Red

To each their own

Anonymous

For the most part I run the same as Hook. When I take guide trips out and my clients are having a hard time feeling the bite on a leech, I will also use a circle hook. By the time they feel the fish. it is already hooked.

Anonymous

Mike, I want to try some circle hooks this year. What do you recommend for size, etc. for walleyes? I have used them in Alaska for Halibut, and the concept worked well, but the hooks are HUGE!

Tuck

Anonymous

Tuck,

I really like the #4 and #6 Octopus Circle hooks by Gamakatsu. The #4’s I use with minnows and the #6’s I use with leeches. I have noticed that they really help inexperienced anglers hook more fish even though they may not have the touch to fell a lite bite. I also like how almost all the fish are hooked in the lip. It really helps when having to release all those fish on Mille Lacs that are too big. (what a problem)

Anonymous

It may be nice to try with some inexperienced clients who may like to leave the rod in the holder, and fiddle with pop and candy….like my kids for instance!

Thanks!

Tuck

Anonymous

I run the Gami’s in both 6 and 8. I like the 6’s for crawler rigs, and the 8’s for leeches. I did really well with the chartruese on opener last year. In July/August the red seemed to perform best for me. It should be another great year for big fish.

Anonymous

I picked up some of each at Gander last night.

Thanks!

Tuck

Anonymous

Which Gander do you shop at. I work at the Tonka store part time. I was in the Bloomington store, but recently relocated so the Tonka store is closer. Talk about a different client base, all those grass carp fisherman……Just kidding you bass guys…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.