First Mille Lacs Trip !!

• iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

I will be spending Sat night in a sleeper at Mille Lacs with family and friends. Going out of Red Door for just one day. I have NEVER done this before. I am bringing the portable to do some searching during the day. I have stocked up on the Slender Spoons you all have been suggesting. I am now looking for any other input on ideas that will make this a great trip. We all have Vex’s to take along and a camera. If you have any suggestions for places to go check out on the north side, or other ideas let me know. If you want to PM me that is great too. My one brother has NEVER ice fished before so we are trying to show him a good time. Thanks in advance and I will post pics next week after we get back.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

I stayed on the east side for my first trip last week. Rattle reels got us all of our walleyes. We set them around 7 PM. Size 10 red hook with a shiner or larger minnow worked well. During the day we even got a few jumbo perch on fatheads on the reels. I did get a jumbo on a small slender spoon and a small jigging spoon.

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

Thanks for the tip – I have NEVER caught a fish on a rattle reel – would be interesting.

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

We set them about 18 inches off the bottom. Good luck to you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.