Where to go?

• empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

Got a kitchen pass to go fishin on Friday and not sure if I go to Mille Lacs or P4. I’m 45 minutes to ML and 2+ to P4. I know ice has let loose to get on ML. Not lookin for eaters,(ok, I’d eat from ML) but lookin for action. What do you think? Targeting Walleye.

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

IMO. P4. I fish both and on average p4 is better this time of year. Better chance at a true trophy.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yes, please don’t eat the fish from P4. Very very harmful.

With ML being so close by, you could sleep in for two hours and still get the same amount of fishing time in.

But if you do elect P4 you might want to consider launching out of Everts. You might get some verbal abuse, but the other free ramps will be very crowded early. You won’t have any trouble parking near the ramp at Everts.

Either way have fun!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Empty,
    I’d say if you are that close to Mille Lacs, that is where you should go. If the ice is out in your launch spot and can get onto the lake, night time trolling should be very good. Rock reefs should have some tullibees on there, so the biggest Walleyes AND Muskies will be moving in on those Tulibees. Some REAL trophies can be had late Fall, and we are in late Fall.
    P4 can be pretty good, but it will be good, (on and off til the 1st week in April)
    So go to Mille Lacs NOW, and hit P4 when you can from now to April.
    Take your camera, as your personal BEST Walleye and Muskie are there on Mille Lacs waiting for you.
    That is where I’d go living that close to it. I don’t live that close, and I might head up there next week if the warmer weather holds up, DO bring the Muskie net.
    (I’m serious about that).
    Report back on your trip,
    Good Luck,
    Jack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.