Free Chest Freezer (needs work)

• Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Pulled the chest freezer from the FIL’s basement in hopes of using it as a garage freezer. Compressor runs, but does not cool. It worked the last time they used it several years ago. Guessing it’s 40+ years old, but in decent shape. Figured I’d see if anybody wants a project before paying to dispose of it. We needed the freezer space asap and I didn’t have time to mess with it.
    I can get measurements, but I’m guessing 4’W x 3’T x 3’D.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

From my experiences of trying to give away stuff on this site, you must add a unicorn sticker to it.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Does the cooling fan work? That’s the real question everyone want to know.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Does the cooling fan work? That’s the real question everyone want to know.

That I’ll check.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

No doubt I can include some sort of sticker.

Here are a few photos.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Try that again…

MX1825

Make it into a bait tank. It’s insulated and critters can’t get into it. All you need is a pump or a way to trickle water into it with an overflow outlet.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Make it into a bait tank. It’s insulated and critters can’t get into it. All you need is a pump or a way to trickle water into it with an overflow outlet.

I have a buddy that did that and it woks well. His chest freezer works and he put it on a timer to go off twice a day to keep the water cooler. He has no problem keeping bait all year.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

That would be slick, but a little large for my use. It’s a 15cu/ft capacity. Suppose I could start a bait business on the side.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Best to start calling around and see who is the cheapest cost wise to haul away at this point. Or find a scraper that will take it.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I have a place I planned to take it. County transfer station is fairly reasonable with this type of stuff.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Does it have the steel baskets? I could use a set of those.

Post it on marketplace, someone will come and get it for free for scrap.

picklerick
    Central WI

Depending on where you live, but I use the 24hr test the day before garbage pick up. Most things I’ve put at the curb (ancient tube TV, ancient electric oven with coil burners, not so old electric oven with cracked glass top, two bags of 30+ yo cheap golf clubs, POS old recliner) never made it past sundown the day they went out. Garbage truck won’t take them so if it’s still there on garbage day, I’ll call for a pick up.

CaptainMusky

I drop off appliances that dont work at the metal recycling place on the east side in St Cloud and they dont charge a penny for it. You just have to dump it in the designated area.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Does it have the steel baskets? I could use a set of those.

No baskets.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.