anything going on?

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

Going to be fishing the Platte and Snake Creek areas, anything special going on? Usually go with spinners and minnows or jigs at the front of the boat with the trolling motor hovering over some structure. Just wanted to see if any of you have been out in the area lately. Weather looks very nice.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

A buddy from Siouxer Falls was out the two weekends ago and did well. I’ll try to get some details if he isn’t traveling this week.

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

I don’t know about Francis Case at this time, but Lake Sharpe is on FIRE

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I’m not sure if it was just us, but the catching was pretty slow. The other boat in out 2 boat armada went out a bunch more and spent more time on the water, they caught about 15 walleye, but kept 3. Best thing for them was pitching twister tails to the mud line and rocks. Water is pretty high, and the mudline is where ever the wind blows. The boats were all pretty spread out, so no real group so to speak of. Just about every boat stopped at the cleaning house with 2 or 3. The weather was perfect, there was a big “chop” on Sat Afternoon and a few waves were close to coming over the front, wife got sea sick and to top it all off, my electric trolling motor was giving me fits, so I wasn’t able to fish the way I prefer. Oh well! Hope you all had a better weekend fishing than me, but the camping was great, beer was cold!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.