Forum name. How did you pick yours?

• AK Guy

There are a lot of creative forum names on IDO. Some are clearly their name, while others are not. How did you choose your forum name? I’ll start with mine. It’s not interesting, but I’m an Alaska resident, hence, AK Guy is my forum name.

matthewkolden

It’s my name, and then my middle name. Intense creativity here.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

I camp and fish (mostly solo) in Voyageur’s National Park for as much of my 30 allowable days per year as possible. Thus, VNPfan.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Lack of creativity for me. Birth name. Always had a credibility issue with people that use something to hide behind. I do respect that there are a few people that must conceal their identity because of work or line of work. But 1 week on lake-link and I’m convinced 75% are 10-12 year olds playing on mommy and daddy’s puter

Reef W

I used a random name generator,I think this one was pirate themed. I didn’t want my parents to know I’m using their computer lol

mrpike1973

Birth year and Nickname Mr. Pike. When I started fishing I couldn’t catch much so my wife called me Mr. Pike that was what I mostly caught. It should be Mr. Bass but I like it. Throws people off cool

catmando
    wis

I fish and hunt for just about everything, but at the time I was sleeping in a Jon boat at least 3 nights a week for the flattys.

stjoeguy

Favorite lake for at least 20 years: Lake St. Joseph in NW Ontario. It’s not creative, but I love that lake.

Deuces

Last one got banned so had to pick another

fishingstar
    central mn / starlake

I live on and mostly fish starlake

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Back in the early days of home internet, I was on a forum and my (British) wife said, “What are you grousing about on that forum now? You’ll become the famous grouse.”

Hey… Good one…

Grouse

Ron S

Hey Stjoeguy

Me too love that place. Would love to swap stories some time. But my techie skills have not developed any private message skills.

David Anderson
    Dayton, MN

Lack of creativity for me. Birth name. Always had a credibility issue with people that use something to hide behind. I do respect that there are a few people that must conceal their identity because of work or line of work. But 1 week on lake-link and I’m convinced 75% are 10-12 year olds playing on mommy and daddy’s puter

Randy, I tend to agree besides my name is the 7th most popular in Minnesota so not much to hide from anyway. And if you know me, you already know me so no big deal. I do wish that members would give some reference to where they are from, I always get a kick out of the poster who is asking for something and one has no reference to his location so a response can be appropriate.

Buffalo Fishhead

I combined my town of residence and the name I was called when I was employed, thus “Buffalo Fishhead”.

Buffalo Fishhead

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

I do wish that members would give some reference to where they are from, I always get a kick out of the poster who is asking for something and one has no reference to his location so a response can be appropriate.

Thanks for the reminder, added!

HRG

chubs1018

Mine is my lifelong nickname and my birthday added October 18th ( 10-18 )

steelslinger71

Mine is my lifelong passion for duck hunting and the year I graduated.

Kevin Yopp

Looked in the mirror … and saw that I was Old and In the Way. Also the name of a great band from the ’70’s.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Little g was taken… so I went with big G… 🤣 one time at a gtg on Mille lacs about 20 or so years ago, another member (Jeremy Crawford) thought I wasn’t Big enough to be big G… he should see me now 🤣🤙🏻

WishIwasWiser

I camp and fish (mostly solo) in Voyageur’s National Park for as much of my 30 allowable days per year as possible. Thus, VNPfan.

Or, Ron. I get it.

WishIwasWiser

Looked in the mirror … and saw that I was Old and In the Way. Also the name of a great band from the ’70’s.

Only cuz I’m a new sign up…does your real name show up when you post? Or, is there a real 70’s band named Yopp? Or is the name of the band “old and in the way”? I’ll try the google…

Whopper Stopper
    Forest Lake MN

I like big women and I have the machinery to stop them.

WS

Karry Kyllo

I don’t have any reason to hide behind an anonymous name so that’s my real name.

buck-slayer

Got hooked on deer hunting the first time I went. In 45 years of hunting I’ve been fortunate enough to harvest some dandy bucks.

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

it’s the handle i use on every message board i visit. I’ve been using it since 2001. it’s a play on the old VW farfegnugen commercial. except it’s for my favorite band im always grooving too. lol

Beast

It’s been my nickname since high school

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

My name kinda, and all I could think of at the time. I’m SoDakSam on other forums. Named for home state that makes great chislic.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Welcome to IDO Cargo Carrier.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.