Fleet Farm Ammo Shelves mostly FULL

• ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Stopped by last night just to look as I heard they got a large delivery. I didn’t see much for 9mm and .223 but almost ever other round was available with plenty of options. Federal Fusion was probable the most prevalent. Some rounds had limits. I got 30-06 and 308 federal fusion for around $25/box. ITS BACK!!!

blackbay
    mn

I heard it was the Blaine store and they were having some sort of FF rebate if you spent over $150 in the sporting goods section.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Has to be an April fools joke. Everyone knows fleet farm gets their shipments on Thursdays toast

deertracker

Has to be an April fools joke. Everyone knows fleet farm gets their shipments on Thursdays toast

Wait, its Thursday but also April 1st…
    DT

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Well they were full!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I can confirm this is not the case at the Oakdale store.

-J.

Reef W

Everybody knows fleet farm has never had a full shelf of anything lol

onestout
    Hudson, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Carter Johnson wrote:</div>

Everybody knows fleet farm has never had a full shelf of anything lol

At least not since they were bought a few years ago.

ThunderLund78

My thoughts as well – was in Carver FF 2 nights ago and it was tumbleweeds as usual. BUT – I’m hoping against hope that’s it’s not a joke )

munchy
    NULL

Had to stop into the Rochester FF this morning, and like usual made the obligatory stroll through ammo. Nothing has changed(stocked) since this time last year.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Carter Johnson wrote:</div>

My thoughts as well – was in Carver FF 2 nights ago and it was tumbleweeds as usual. BUT – I’m hoping against hope that’s it’s not a joke )

Let me know if you see any 9mm at the Carver location.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i got intel, tuesday afternoon that the scheels in st cloud had 30-06 shells. i was there by 9;45 am wed morning. they had a good supply of the fushion 30-06 on the shelf but it was the 165 grain, i’m looking to get 180 grain!!!!!’

i buddy of mine is always on this online auction, he called me yesterday aid there where 2 boxes of federal 180. he bid on them for me…..told him i’d pay up to 30 bucks……..he called me and said the bid was already at 45 bucks tongue tongue doah NOPE dont want them that bad!!!!!!!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The ammo situation is unbelievable. I’m glad I reload and have components stockpiled, but I still need target load shotshells and there is no prospect of any of those in the near future.

Grouse

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

Recently sold 25 flats of target shells for $25 per flat. Still have about 15 flats left in case my back gets better.

B-man

….

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20210401-1837513.png

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Just what exactly is the reason behind the shortage and why is it not as simple as ramping up production!!? Genuine question. As I recall this ammo shortage started way before covid

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Just what exactly is the reason behind the shortage and why is it not as simple as ramping up production!!? Genuine question. As I recall this ammo shortage started way before covid

I forget the exact numbers and it all began around the George Floyd bull$hit time but…
    1. many NEW first time gun buyers based on the background checks.
    2. many additional gun buyers based on background checks.
    The numbers are in the millions for both.

All new buyers was some ammo and everyone old enough to remember the Clinton era knew what to expect so they wanted ammo.
    AND…. anytime ammo hits the shelves now it is snatched up faster than a can of SPAM and BKs family gatherings.
    3. Covid bull$hit
    4. Presidential turnover to a “person” who’s campaign was to take guns away and has since flat out urged for his anti gun bill to be passed by all levels of House and Senate.

So yeah, that pretty created the perfect $hitstorm that is hoverimg over the US.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The big companies that produce ammunition are positioned perfectly. Simple economics show that demand is through the roof for many reasons listed above, and that keeping that demand high is superior to anything else and lets them leverage pricing. If they are still showing profits right now, there’s not a huge incentive to change. Slowly ramp up production in a way that keeps ammunition scarce and it’s a winning philosophy. The news is a great free marketing tool as well instilling plenty of fear into everyone.

The dumbest thing an ammunition company could do right now is to invest tons of money to scale production to try and curb demand while they have a near monopoly over conservative gun-owning Americans.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

The big companies that produce ammunition are positioned perfectly. Simple economics show that demand is through the roof for many reasons listed above, and that keeping that demand high is superior to anything else and lets them leverage pricing. If they are still showing profits right now, there’s not a huge incentive to change. Slowly ramp up production in a way that keeps ammunition scarce and it’s a winning philosophy. The news is a great free marketing tool as well instilling plenty of fear into everyone.

The dumbest thing an ammunition company could do right now is to invest tons of money to scale production to try and curb demand while they have a near monopoly over conservative gun-owning Americans.

Well isn’t that just great. How is that different then price gouging? Seems unethical to me to purposely stall production of a product in order to inflate prices.

I realize any old company can’t just make a factory to produce ammo overnight but it would seem to me that if the demand is so outrageously high and supply is limited there is incentive for some start up companies to get in on the action. This would then increase supply and balance out the market

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I knew it was lie….the only thing at FF tonight was a couple turkey loads. Oil was on sale is the reason I went, full synthetic is on sale for $20 for 5 quart jug and there is a $10 rebate which gets it down to $2 a quart, can’t even get dino oil for that much….limit 4 per household.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

but I still need target load shotshells and there is no prospect of any of those in the near future.

Grouse

I have been able to find these actually. Granted that was a couple weeks ago but I know for sure I have seen plenty on shelves. Might be different now that clay seasons are starting up but I would think within a month or so you will see them.

blackbay
    mn

Actually last summer Fiocchi announced they were building a new plant in Arkansas.

Jason

I have been searching for 10-20 cases of 12ga trap load myself for my trap shooters in the family. It’s a tough market out there…
    I was lucky enough a couple of weeks ago to stock up enough 12ga 3.5″ steel shot for awhile though.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I have been searching for 10-20 cases of 12ga trap load myself for my trap shooters in the family. It’s a tough market out there…
    I was lucky enough a couple of weeks ago to stock up enough 12ga 3.5″ steel shot for awhile though.

Fleet Farm Hudson has had full shelves of trap loads throughout, to the best of my knowledge. I’ve seen the trap loads full every time I’ve been there anyway, even while all other aisles are barren.

Jason

Fleet Farm Hudson has had full shelves of trap loads throughout, to the best of my knowledge. I’ve seen the trap loads full every time I’ve been there anyway, even while all other aisles are barren.
    [/quote]

?? I called the store and they said they had nothing in-stock and that they haven’t for quite a while.

bigpike

Fleet Farm West Bend. Shelves were so empty I wonder why they still have the wasted space.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

FF in St Cloud has a few waterfowl boxes, and small selection of turkey. No handgun, no rifle. Not today Anyhow. I asked the two guys behind the gun counter and they looked at me confused, like, “what is this ammo you speak of?”

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.