Best morel recipe??

• whittsend

Looking for some really good morel recipes. I figure if I give this thread a year to gather replys, I might have some good recipes to try (assuming I find some more next spring.)

A buddy of mine said to de-stem, stuff with cheese, cap with a jalapeno pepper and then deep fry. Anyone try this?

Mike

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The better half washes the split caps and dips them into an egg/milk washes, then flours and browns them. They go a bit further this way. Myself I just split them, rinse’em off and saute in butter until the juice they make is gone.

A friend does as I do, then he chops them up a bit and adds them to his omelets.

wkw

YUM !

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

thats how we did it also cut em up and fried em in butter

found 4 shopping bags full under 1 tree

Prestige
    Elgin, MN

Quote:

The better half washes the split caps and dips them into an egg/milk washes, then flours and browns them. They go a bit further this way. Myself I just split them, rinse’em off and saute in butter until the juice they make is gone.

Thats what I like too. You don’t taste them anymore when ya get to fancy.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

I like to dip mine into an egg wash then in soda crackers that have been put in a food proccessor. And seasoning of onion powder, a bit of garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Once they are breaded they can be frozen up to a year. That is if they last that long. Or fry in a pan with deep oil at medium high heat. Those are the best I have ever ate. Nice and crunchy.
    When you freeze them do it on cookie sheets and freeze. When frozen put in a container with wax paper between the layers.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

ooops forgot to tell you not to thaw before frying them

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.