Smokers Bible

• Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

You guys should take me along

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

here in duluth most guys that i know of would mount a brown 30 to 31 inches or over. as far as a coho they dont get very big in the duluth area but anything over 4 pounds i would put on the wall. just make sure its not a little king that would be pretty embarrassing lol, they look alike. steelhead, 10 plus pounds for me.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

to me it would depend on where i was also, to people in wisconsin a 31 inch brown is common but in duluth they somewhat rare

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

My first “looper” was 29″ that I caught in front of the French River through the ice is on the wall. Boy I miss ice fishing up there!

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

Sorry Rootski but were full, I will post the pictures. Should be good, the water level is pretty high.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

thats a nice looper. ya thats a ball. i look forward to it every year. 4 or 5 more months then well be there. thats just awsome seeing all thoes fish, i have seen 80 plus in 4 hours one day. There are some big ones down there.

clicker

Does anyone know of a good book that is all about smoking? Lots of great brines and rubs ect ect???

gonna get into smoking meats this year and want to get a good book with lots of things to try.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I bought a couple when I started and some are filled with lots of information, but I have also utilized the internet more in finding rubs/recipes/methods…good luck it’s a fun hobby

mskyfshntchr
    Dodge Center, MN

Myron Mixon has a book out. I haven’t read it yet, but if you have seen him on BBQ Pitmasters or heard of him, he knows what he is doing- as he has made a lot of $$ on BBQ. Johnny Trig might be another one to check on.
    Otherwise, I also used the internet and a few sites. People post their rubs, etc on there. I sure learned a lot this way. If you want- you can PM me for the sites I use.
    Good luck, if you get into it it is a great hobby and lots of fun.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.