Fall Smallmouth trip

• traumatized
    eastern iowa

Hello,
    Looking for some help. I would like to plan a fall Smallmouth trip to Mille Lacs. Have never been but looking for some new water and great fishing. My question is when (what weekend) specifically would be best. I know the weather can change things but just in general. Sept, Oct, Nov, ect…Thanks for any help. I also would take and advise you would give me on where and how to get them also.

TripleA
    Blaine

NOT September 11-17th as that’s when the Bassmaster tournament is happening on Mille Lacs. I would say early-mid October would be full Fall Fishing.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Green bay-door county would be another option.I go up to GB mid to late OCT.early NOV.weather permitting.Live bait rigs and redtails or suckers 4-6 inches.Can be lites out.Its not uncommen for 2-3 guys in a boat to go thru 5-10 dozen chubs in a day.Of course you have to find them first then game on.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

GB Door County you want the water temp to he low to mid 50 degree range for fall smallies. When it gets below 50 you have to fish deeper structure. Lots of 4lb plus fish when you hit it right.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.