Fall netting

• Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

I had no idea netting takes place in the fall as well. My neighbor is doing the creeling so I got to see some of the numbers. Wisconsin tribe was at north garrison 2 weeks ago with poor numbers. Nets this last weekend did much better shock

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That’s news to me. Can you ask your neighbor how much a tote full of walleye weighs?

Ripjiggen

That would be news to me as well.
    I know the fall survey nets are out this time of year.

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

That’s news to me. Can you ask your neighbor how much a tote full of walleye weighs?

Well one of the bins from last Friday had 27 walleyes, weighing around 93lbs. Biggest fish in that bin was 26″

Ripjiggen

Well since the state is only at 15k of 80k through September maybe we are giving some back. shock

gonefishin

There was a boat spearing in Sunset Bay on Saturday night. For the bands, the total yearly allotment is split with ML band getting the largest percentage. If one of the bands was under their allotment in the spring, then I would expect they could harvest up to their allotment.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

ML band may have the largest allotment poundage but very few members pull a license.
    East side accesses generally have WI bands launching.

The big, bright, rig with generator running & outriggers is an electric shocking rig for GLIFWC survey. Fish are stunned, scooped, tagged & weighed,& putinto an aerator tank to recover before release.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The big, bright, rig with generator running & outriggers is an electric shocking rig for GLIFWC survey. Fish are stunned, scooped, tagged & weighed,& putinto an aerator tank to recover before release.

I did this a bunch of times in college. We did it on the river in a Jon boat and in a trout stream with a back pack electrofisher. That was interesting to how big some of the stream trout were.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Yes, they do netting in the Fall. Back in a year, they didn’t have the night ban in effect, I got my lure caught up in one by accident along Shah-Bush-Kung Point on a dark night when I was unable to see the flags. A total navigation hazard where they set it; I was lucky I didn’t drive into the thing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.