Fake lake names

• slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I forgot the name but it is close to __________.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Not a lake name, but when people ask my dad where he caught his fish he likes to joke, “right about here” or “right in the corner” then make a hook out of his pointer finger and give them a graphic of how the fish was hooked in the corner of the mouth. Funnier in person than when im trying to explain it!

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

As a bass fisherman, I don’t care if you know what lake I’m fishing. That goes for ice angling as well. I’m not a very social person. If someone asks me where I am fishing I’ll gladly tell them. I release fish so other people can enjoy catching them.

Snake ii’s

My Dad always used Fish Lake. In central Minnesota, there are several lakes of that name. When pressed for which one, he would respond – “Ya, dat one”.

jagermeister
    NW Ontario

only LOW by timberjack Islnd…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

YOu guys should start a website or YouTube channel with so many people coming up to you asking for fishing info. coffee

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Not a lake name, but when people ask my dad where he caught his fish he likes to joke, “right about here” or “right in the corner” then make a hook out of his pointer finger and give them a graphic of how the fish was hooked in the corner of the mouth. Funnier in person than when im trying to explain it!

I remember a similar incident on a trip we made into the Quetico Provincial Park, Ontario. We had been camping and had good fishing on Sturgeon Lake and were traveling to the next lake on the trip. We ran into a number of guys on the portage leaving the lake that had a big stringer of eater walleye. Seem to remember they were from Alabama. Just to strike up conversation we asked where they caught them and they did the animated hook in the mouth thing.

The best example of keeping a fishing spot close to the vest I encountered was when I did a sea kayaking trip to Norway. At one of the coastal villages we were talking with one of the locals. A big cod he had caught was brought up in conversation and we asked for curiosity sake where. He wouldn’t reveal any information about it. So, in case you have plans to fish the North Atlantic Ocean… don’t expect a Norwegian to give you any fishing information.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I usually fish the upper end of turd lake where s_ _ t creek drops in

Rod Bent

Say Unnamed Lake. It’s on Lakefinder.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Schittbauls lake

kabefisherman11

Not lake names per se but we have names for specific spots. Bam bam and perch rock and kings cove and brubakkens backwater.

wormdunker

Lake Duck Fat. But change 2 letters. )

Jim Clark
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I wasn’t gonna give it up, but my favorite is Gunnysack Lake…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.