Fake lake names

• Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Sometimes I don’t mind sharing lake names with some people and other times I just don’t want to. Especially if I know they have a big mouth or I know they won’t share lake names with me. One of my buddies would always say he was fishing lake-x. Than he surprised me the other day with calling the lake he was on Lake Wish-you-knew. I was wondering what are some of the other fake lake names have you used? Well I have to get back to fishing , I am killing the walleye here on Won’t-say lake.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Lake Super Secret HotSpot

tornadochaser

I slow play it and when somebody says “nice fish, get those at lake ____?” I usually just say “yeah right in with the big group of houses.” It’s a little harder in the summer since most of my friends know where my cabin is though.

catmando
    wis

If asked, and you don’t want to say…I look them in the eye, and say I don’t lie ,can’t tell you. For me it’s better that way.
    DK.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I usually say round lake.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

If I catch a bunch of fish and boast on the internet, I say what lake it is, but it is actually another lake all together. I’m sure I’m not the only one. Remember, if it’s on the web it has to be true…..right?

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

If I catch a bunch of fish and boast on the internet, I say what lake it is, but it is actually another lake all together.

I won’t post any pic of fish on the web other than maybe IDO once or twice. Make sure you turn your GPS off if you take a pic of fish or I can use that picture details to find your exact location on lake ___

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

I like

Lake Nunya
    Lake Nevagunnatell
    Findyaown Lake
    Lake Yashudabeenhereyestadah

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Lake Nunya

Edit: doah Evan beat me to it/

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Long Lake, ya know the one over there by Round…..

-J.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Long Lake

I have a buddy that really does have a cabin on Long Lake in WI. doah Round lake is next to Gull Lake.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Have always went with: we we’re over on Eagle.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Most of the lakes I fish are pretty big. So telling someone I was at Bago or Bago Chain, or the Miss it gives more than a few square miles of latitude. As for the smaller lakes, I just omit the name. If pushed for the name, I just say a small lake near or towards whatever nearby city. Guys that need to know, already know. Those who shouldn’t, don’t and won’t. I’m just not a fan of lies

big_g
    Isle, MN

I always use Lake X…. I am boring. (6am Sunday, I am getting bait in Cold Spring… kid says, “where ya going”.. I say.. “fishing!”) devil

mann4ducks

Interesting topic. Back in the day when we visited grandparents in MN for the summer there was weekly crappie weigh ins when we would bring 3- total over 5# my grandfather would state they were caught on Beltaine. Everything was caught there Kept the true lakes a little less crowded

BigWerm
    SW Metro

grandfather would state they were caught on Beltaine

And we still have a ton of traffic on Belle Taine from that! rotflol

I don’t play around with funny names, I’ll just say a lake in _____ area or the lake a buddies cabin is on bc it gets him going every time! jester

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I always tell them right by the big stump or in the river.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

fingers xd

Ryan Wilson

I usually just give a town name if I know they aren’t local. Guys around me know where the water is. At least by just giving a town they have to work for it. I don’t know, just because some one is fishing doesn’t mean they’ll catch the fish. From experience and observation, I seem to be a better angler than 80% of the people I see fishing so I’m not too concerned with people outfishing a resource. I have some qualms with the Straw Hat Brigagde though….

tswoboda

From experience and observation, I seem to be a better angler than 80% of the people I see fishing so I’m not too concerned with people outfishing a resource.

bow

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Philly lake

big_g
    Isle, MN

da swamp…. rotflol

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Bigley lake

Nic Barker
    Central WI-Northern IL

As my dad always says he went fishing, “in the water”

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

My favorite Lake= Pizza Lake

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I usually say the county or (for example) the Chisago area…..Gives them multiple lakes to wonder about.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.