Ez loader trailer with oil bath hubs

• snelson223
    Austin MN

Is there any way to check to see how much oil is in the hubs. I have 2011 ez loader for a skeeter and the one seal is leaking on the back side and I can’t find a plug to add more oil.

Pauleye
    Onamia

Are you sure they are not Vault hubs. Vault hubs have a 10 year warranty and are filled with a multi-viscosity grease and are not customer serviceable. Mine say Vault on the cap.

snelson223
    Austin MN

How far do you think you could make it with a leaky one?

Pauleye
    Onamia

Time to call your dealer or the manufacturer. grin

snelson223
    Austin MN

That doesn’t do me any good for tomorrow.

Pauleye
    Onamia

I do not have a clue. Maybe someone from the SBC will chime in.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Are you sure they are not Vault hubs. Vault hubs have a 10 year warranty and are filled with a multi-viscosity grease and are not customer serviceable. Mine say Vault on the cap.

Not sure but I think they have a 5 year warranty. To get the 10 year warranty I think you have to pay an extra $50 at time of registration of the trailer. Eric at SBC could tell you for sure or you can call EZ Loader. 800-553-7855

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Is there any way to check to see how much oil is in the hubs. I have 2011 ez loader for a skeeter and the one seal is leaking on the back side and I can’t find a plug to add more oil.

Do you have single or double axle? IF a double you might be able to limp it along without the tire that is associated with the leaking hub. I would try to make the boat as light as possible though! I have seen people do this on the interstate.

FDR

snelson223
    Austin MN

It is a double axle trailer and the bad seal is on the rear. Wx 1900 is on it. I think I am going to try it.

Pauleye
    Onamia

From the Vault owners manual.

“OIL LEAKAGE AT REAR SEAL
    A slight amount of oil seepage at the rear seal is normal and necessary to lubricate the wiper lip of the seal for long life and sealing contaminants out. If excessive leakage is occurring, contact UFP for instructions.”

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

Free good information and great people that why I love this site!

And occasionally watching JD pretend to be a woman “which seem to come way to natural for him:)”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.