Going to red wing on the 19th of march

• bryon583
    lonsdale mn

Never fished the mississippi was wondering how and where to fish it.
    Thanks

Whiskerkev
    Madison

What a coincidence as I am going to Red Wing on the 18th for 5 glorious days. Stop at Everts and ask Dean for what where and when and bring some bars or something. You wouldn’t be from Boscobel would you? Welcome to the site.

redneck
    Rosemount

Welcome Lundbry and you have come to the right place. Dean at Evert’s is your one stop source of information, baits and all things Pool 4. There is a banner for the Resort on the site somewhere and it has directions. The Mississippi River Walleye forum has some decent Pool 4 information also. Welcome again sir and make yourself at home.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Welcome sir. Are you really from Boscobel? By the way folks I have been reading the constant consistent recommandation about Deans. I have to drive up there just to meet him. The last time I was in Red Wing was back in the 70s. Doesn’t Owen Gromme the artist come from there?

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Welcome Lundbry !

Water conditions will dictate how & where.A bunch of things can change between now and when you arrive.I would suggest you bring your favorite jig rods with fresh line and or we can help out with that.I would also be at the ready with 3 way rods ready to go with stickbaits and or livebait.We will do our best to get you on the current colors and presentations as up to date as possible.

bryon583
    lonsdale mn

Thanks see ya on Thursday!!

mr. sauger25

say dean with the warm weather coming all next week is the river going to be to dirty by the week end or is this going to kick the big pigs into gear

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

say dean with the warm weather coming all next week is the river going to be to dirty by the week end or is this going to kick the big pigs into gear

My “magic 8” and crystal ball are still frozen solid from this last cold spell. Hopefully,they will thaw out soon,then I can answer with a definite maybe!

redneck
    Rosemount

If the water dirties up it definitely won’t hurt the fishing. That is the signal to the big gals that it is about time to do their thing

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Thats what I’m hoping for. Will be there on Sunday the 15!! Unfortunately so will 100’s of other people if the weather holds out.

mr. sauger25

well the dirty water sure hurt things last week below the inlet steams on pool 4 slaughtered them below hay creek friday didnt see a fish caught saturday for 5 hours

redneck
    Rosemount

Yeah, I heard downstream took a hit Saturday. Our bite by the dam was better Friday than Saturday too but we caught fish Saturday. Flow seemed to be up Saturday over Firday and moved the fish around too.

james
    Ankeny Iowa

We are making our spring run up also and was wondering what the water temp is ? Will be there on the 19th .

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Thanks for the web page .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.