new to “eye” Fishing

• wisccatguy
    Blair wI

I am looking for some advice on hair jigs and plastics for walleye. I currently don’t have any plastic or hair jigs and looking for advice on them. I am looking for your favorite brands and types of plastics and hair jigs. I mostly fish pool 8. I am new to eye fishing and would be open to any advice. thanks Jason

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Best place to ask these or other questions about pool 8 would be in the LaCrosse Area Walleye Club. We happen to have a meeting tomorrow night at 7pm at the Mirage on the south side of LaCrosse. We also have a group forum on this site.

For plastics, I use moxies and pulse-rs most of the time. Order online from anglersguidehq.com and go to “Deans tackle box” section. There are times where I use regular ring worms as well, but I’d say that makes up 10-20% of the time now days.

If you feel you need to see them in person, tri-state tackle in LaCrescent has the best selection locally. Dean will have them to you in about 2 business days though.

If I were buying them for the high water we have now, I’d look at Chartrues Orange Core, Great White, and Pink/White. A week ago in clear water, I would’ve said, Oystershell, goldcracker chartruese tail, or Pro Blue.

Seriously, try to come to one of our meetings, there will most likely be a dozen or more Walleye guys that fish pool 8 on a regular basis. Our only membership fee is if you plan to fish any of our weekly Thursday night tournaments, we require a one time per year $5 fee.

Our club will give you the opportunity to talk to locals, but also to go on club outings to places like Pool 4, Petenwell, Lake Pepin etc…

josh a

A 3-4 inch gulp alive emerald shiner on a hair jig has been known to work quite well. If you want a more flash/vibration try out a moxie. They are pretty easy to use and work well on the river

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.