Best Musky Reel?

• Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I’ve been very happy with the Okuma Komodo SS reels. 30-38 inches of line per crank depending on the model and gear ratio. 25-30lb of max drag pressure.

My favorite all around model is the KDS-364P. I prefer a smaller lighter reel as it is much less fatiguing on my hands and wrist for casting all day long. The power handle also helps with this. This is my go to model for bucktails, jerkbaits, small to medium size cranks and topwater.

For giant baits like pounders and other heavy swimbaits I like the KDS-463P. I like having a little faster line pick-up for when you are ripping them. I also like the larger profile as with the bigger baits you need a little bit more torque and having something more to hold onto helps with that.

Bob Price

I would go with the Diawa Luna 300 will pull cowgirls with no problems.

Tight Lines

David Straus

All depends on what your throwing. I am in Wisconsin and I catch more Muskie off my bass rod and reel than when I am tossing big bull dogs or cowgirls.

I think people go Muskie fishing and immediately thing they need Muskie gear.. but if your more of a bass fisherman and occasionally do Muskie fishing don’t buy the gear in my opinion.

Kyle Wills

Can I get your guys opinion on the Abu Garcia Ambassadeur STX 6600?

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.