Eskimo Ice gear

• travis mccolley

Eskimo posted that In-depth is now on Team eskimo, I was wondering if it was just shelters or the entire Eskimo line?

hawghunter08

Just watched first show of the season. They showed an Eskimo apex fish house in the background through most of the show, but never mentioned anything about it. Did have an Eskimo commercial though

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We will be using Eskimo houses this year.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I’ve been very happy with my Eskimo shelters. Broke a pole in a hub, which was my fault, they sent me a new pole no questions asked.

kbeck12

Why the switch from Otter to Eskimo?

What do you do with the precious Otter houses?

travis mccolley

Why the switch from Otter to Eskimo?

What do you do with the precious Otter houses?

He addressed this in General Discussion.

Otter Decided to end the relationship

Peterbob
    Menasha, WI

$$$$$ talks!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Otter Decided to end the relationship

This is correct. We were with otter for a long time. Well over a decade. We thank them for the phenomenal partnership during that time and wish all of our friends at otter and the brand nothing but success in the future.

Movin’on! waytogo

SpoonbillSlayer
    St. Michael, MN

Funny, I just bought the new Eskimo Apex at the Blaine show on Friday. Didn’t know IDO will be running them now also, guess I was ahead of the curve! yay

For the money it seems like a decent house. I like that it still has a normal door too. I looked at the Clams for over an hour or two and just don’t like how the door lays out. You still have to step over your hole and flasher. A lot of zipper too. With the Otter door, seems like more poles to mess with, but that door was in a better spot at least. Other than that, they all seem good, just comes down to preferences.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ve always been impressed with Eskimo houses. The quality for the price is very good on them. Plus Ardisam’s CS is some of the best in the business. Still wouldn’t convince me to buy an Ion, but most of the stuff they make is quality and the price is very fair.

If people didn’t know, Ardisam is who owns Eskimo. They also own Rivers Edge tree stands, Yutrax, Barronett blinds, Earthquake lawn products and a handful of other small companies. Based out of northern Wisconsin.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

For the money it seems like a decent house. I like that it still has a normal door too. I looked at the Clams for over an hour or two and just don’t like how the door lays out. You still have to step over your hole and flasher. A lot of zipper too. With the Otter door, seems like more poles to mess with, but that door was in a better spot at least. Other than that, they all seem good, just comes down to preferences.

I just bought the Yukon XL and I agree I’m not the biggest fan of the door placement but I liked everything else on it and still love the rear door. All the flip overs are very solid these days. Really hard to go wrong with any of them.

Dash Adams

I just purchased a Eskimo Sierra Thermal at the Sioux Fall Ice Institute. As I was putting it together there are 4 Supports rails that hold up the house. I had an issue with the hole placement on one of the rails. When it was locked in it was about an 1/2in off and quite un-level.

I called Eskimo Friday at 10am. They said they would send a replacement at no cost – no questions asked. I had the new pole by Noon on Monday. I live in SD – they had it Speed E delivered.

Talk about impressed with their customer service. Eskimo will be a good addition to IDO as far as I can say.

B-man

I currently only own a couple Eskimo products but have owned more in the past.

They have INCREDIBLE customer service, second to none.

Based out of northern Wisconsin.

Total understatement, they’re located just down the road from Louie’s meats.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

They have INCREDIBLE customer service, second to none.

I agree I have had a couple of issues with my early version of the ION X and all was fixed with each time within 2 days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.