Nets and Rapalas

• magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

What kind of nets do you guys use when trolling with crank baits? After trolling on Lake Pepin the last few days I am sick of batteling with my net after netting a fish.

Are the rubber ones more resistent and hook proof? Any suggestions or recommendations for a net that crankbaits don’t get hooked up in would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

smackemup
    North Metro

I catch a lot of walleyes casting raps after dark. We use a rubber net and they are the better choice in my opinion. My only complaint has been the depth of the basket in the rubber nets i had seen prior to this year. I saw they now make a net with a deeper rubber basket and a telescoping handle, now i just need $40.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Something that works for me when netting the fish, when possible I hold the net just under the fish and not in it, also getting a hold of the fish before you set the net down sometimes helps.

Does seem the rubber coated ones don’t get snarled as much as the plain ones do.

I had a northern go though a rubber net once so I quit using them, they might be better for smaller fish though?
    Al

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I use a hookproof Beckman and neither blades nor Rapalas get hung up…I love mine!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Second the Beckman. Spend the money and get a good net. You will habe it for life. I recomend the 6’+3′ espicially for trolling. Seems like a lot but the reach is really handy. -Mark

mule170
    Bemidji

I bought a Frabill rubber net at Fleet Farm last year and never looked back. Trolling pepin is alot more fun when you dont have to untangle a rap 60 times a day. I believe I paid around $60 for mine.

wkw

Beckman !! We have had 3 big walleyes on at once trolling Husky Jerks on Lake Erie and there was no delay from one fish to another because of hook tangles. And these Huskys all had 3 trebles.
    WKW

baldwin4
    NE IA

Quote:

I use a hookproof Beckman and neither blades nor Rapalas get hung up…I love mine!

Beckman

magnum165
    Baldwin, WI

Thanks for the input guys! Looks like I will have to check out the hook proof Beckman nets.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Beckman I think Dean can get them for you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.