Tackle Bag Suggestions

• walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

I have been using a Tackle Logic bag system for the past few years and it is time to upgrade. I have a lot of tackle and I can’t ever seem to get it organized the way I want. I have to put multiple lures in the same compartment. I am looking for some information on available tackle bags. What do you guys use and what works the best for you to manage all of your tackle?

jbennett1013
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Tackle storage seems to be the ongoing mystery in the fishing world. There never seems to be enough room for all the stuff it takes to fish.

Here is what I use.

For crank baits I use a B and B baitboxes. You can find them here http://www.bbbaitbox.com/

They make everything easy. No tangling and no troubles finding things. It has made crank bait fishing far less of a hassle. Changing baits all the time is no longer such a mess.

I then have a older cabelas tackle bag that has plano boxes filled with Jig heads, Hair jigs, Blade Baits and jigging spoons. This is my walleye hardwear case. I keep all my plastic in the Tackle Utility Binders from Cabelas. It makes them easy to carry around. I keep just what I will use during a day of every color and keep the bulk plastic in a rubber bin at home.

I then have a similar set up of a larger tackle bag with just bass tackle. Then one for toothy baits and one for pan fishing.

I have found that keeping it divided by species is the easiest way to be able to find things.

That is just what I do. There are 100’s of different ways to approach storing tackle. There is no one correct way it is what works best for you.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

This seems to ba a major struggle for me as well. I think I’ve finally come to the conclusion that it will never, ever be perfect.

Given that, I take a similar approach to the other responder. I have two bags, the largest Cabela’s Denny Brauer bag and the medium sized one. The big bag always stays in my boat and the smaller one is a floater that can stay in the boat or travel if I’m fishing in somebody else’s boat or if I’m fishing for an off species. I keep all my hardware and tackle in the indivudual compartments, that way I can mix and match what I need. I’ve put my soft plastics in big ziploc bacs (leave them in their original packaging) and keep them in another small duffle bag.

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

Those B and B bags look excellent. I think I will order one of these for my cranks.

catmando
    wis

For my walleye stuff i have 2 big walmart bags i think their 45.00 each. 8 big plano boxes and plenty of compartments. if i lost them 2 bags i would cry like a baby.

baldwin4
    NE IA

I have the B&B model#192 4×6 with the optional 160 grid Can’t have enough crankbait storage

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

The problem I have is the platic Plano boxes, the lids are to soft and let jigs and hooks change locals. Unless it is a hard rigid type plastic cover, to me they are worthless for holding jigs and hooks.

catmando
    wis

never had a problem with the jigs swithing compartments but hooks for rigging yes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.