Pink Fireline & Maxima Fibre Glow

• Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

I am looking for a high vis line. In my latest Cabela’s catalog I see that Fireline has a new high vis color-pink. Has anyone tried this yet? How do you like it? I know mono is highly recommended by a lot of fisherman here, have any of you tried Maxima’s Fibre Glow? In the description it claims, quote, “Fibre Glow is a uniquely colored, highly visible line ideal for tracking lines and detecting subtle strikes. It is also perfect for the technique of night fishing with “black light” that causes the line to become luminescent.” If this performs as advertised, I think it might be very good on those predawn/after sunset plastics probes. What do you all think?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I picked up some of that pink fireline, haven’t used it yet but I’m sure it will be great. I’m big on the flame/green for vertical jigging, now I’ll try the pink. For vertical jigging, the pink should be awesome.

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Hey you betcha.. I have used the fibre glo by Maxima for years now…the 4 and 6lb are super strong..I like it …when I need a mono..the four lb diameter is fantastic for vertical jigging the toughest I have found.
    I have found for my old eyes in low light conditions I prefer stren gold..or trilene solar green..
    that’s just me I can’t seem to see the pink as well in low light situations.
    As far as the new Pink fire line I have not seen it..But I can see the yellow better..
    Good luck let us know what you think..

Art

Been using the fiber glow for 2 years now and been very happy with it. Have to agree with Reef Runner that yellow is easier to see in low light cond. Good luck.

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

What do I think? Well, last year was my first in attempting plastics on wingdams. I purchased James’s and Dustin’s video and learned the process-very helpful! I’ve experimented with different lines though. In the video they highly recommended 6lb mono, but I thought that since I like the feel and strength of Fireline I’d use the 14/6 in the white smoke color. It worked ok, but found that white isn’t as easy to see with the reflection of clouds in the sky. I’ve tried the mono Ironsilk Solar Mint, but have found that’s hard to see with the reflection of blue skies. I was thinking of trying Stren Gold when I came across the two lines I started this post with. I’m still trying to make up my mind on mono vs braided. I know mono gets the nod for that “finesse” presentation-that just right swimming action-according to James and Dustin but, I lost some fish last year with mono because I didn’t get good hook sets, guess I’m kind of spoiled by braided line.I think what I am going to do is keep experimenting with both. I’ll try some of the pink fireline, and either the gold Stren and/or Fibre Glow. Good Fishn to ya!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

The river conditions really determine my line choice as far as braided vs mono. In order to really work a wing dam properly in slow to medium current the jig must sweep along with the current naturally. Mono’s thicker diameter offers more resistance to allow the jig to do that better that superbraid in most cases.
    If the river is really rockin or I’m vertcal jigging deeper water…I use superbraid, 4 or 6# variety. In the past Fireline has not held up for me over the season very well with heavy use. Stren SuperBraid has been good for me so far.
    Maxima is good stuff, as is Sensation. I use Gold Stren also but it is not as smooth or supple as the others. I dont use Gold with Xfast action rods because it seems to break easier on hooksets than the Solar XT or Sensation…but it is VERY visible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.