Powerhouse inverter/generator

• TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Does anyone have a Powerhouse Generator that they can comment on. Looking at getting a 2000w generator and am not sure I am ready to pony out the money for a Honda. Any feedback good or bad is great.

grumpy
    Iowa, Clinton

I have one, works well. Depends on your useage, got mine at AMAZON.. get wheels

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

You may have ok luck with other brands but the Honda I have heard through the yachting world that they are not noisy and they start super easy in any temp. My opinion I would go for Honda.

jonboy
    Wausau, WI

I went with Honda, no regrets! yamaha also makes a good, quiet and expensive one!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Some years ago I had a Honda 2kva unit. Used it once a year never drained the tank or stabilized it. guaranteed start by the second pull! It was awesome.

It was so great someone else decided they had to have it!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The thing I’ve noticed with generators (and pressure washers) now is that many of them (beyond Yamaha, Honda, etc) are using Chinese-made no-name engines. I really worry about the ability to get what would be common-as-dirt parts on a name brand engine like a B&S. Like a carb kit or even something as simple as a new muffler.

Since Coleman (and other companies) don’t make the engines, is it even possible to get parts through Coleman for a Wang Dong engine that was probably in-turn made by a subcontractor in Asscrackistan? Maybe it’s possible to get parts?

I guess it all depends on what you’re using it for. If it’s basically a throw-away that you’re using to build a cabin vs something you’ll be using to power an RV at a remote camp for years into the future.

Grouse

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.