Trolling motor prop?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

So where do I find a shear pin for my minnkota trolling motor prop. Tried some solder in there but it did not work. Would gander or Fleet farm have them? Maybe just snip off a nail to put in there?

Thanks

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Hardware store? Or the Nail trick. I was out fishing one time and ran into some fishing line. Took the prop off to remove the line and “ploop” there goes the shear pin. I used a heavy hook shank to finish out the night.

Good luck.

Surf-N-Turf
    Stevens Point, WI

A piece of brazing rod would work. Be carefull about improvising w/steel acc’t of the rust issue.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Hit up Jack at Actions in Anoka 763-422-4890. Pretty much a guarntee there.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Typically any MK dealer has the nut/star washer/ shear pin package where ever they display the motors. The Fleet Farms & Farm & Fleets around here all carry them.

As a back up, I’ve picked up brass rod and cut it up as spares. Use caution on under-sized rod that doesn’t shear. It can roll over and and dig into the plastic making it a nightmare to get off of the shaft. I made that mistake a couple times and paid for it.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

I know Fleet Farm in Hudson has a decent selection of props for MinnKota. I think I saw spare nuts, might have had shear pins with them. Give your local FF a call.

BBKK
    IA

Any hardware store.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.