Crestliner Fishhawk Lid Support?

• Wadsworth

I’ve been considering replacing my deck lids on my 2004 1850 Fishhawk because I thought the wood was bad, after closer inspection, I realized that the lids are simply aluminum with no wood in them. The problem is that there is no side support for the lids, so the storage and livewell lids on my back deck sag like crazy when I step on them, and I’m 170 pounds. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? My local dealer doesn’t have any answers, and I emailed Crestliner and never got a response.

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

I’d get some aluminum angle (L shape ) pieces and rivet to the sides and call it good.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Quote:

I’d get some aluminum angle (L shape ) pieces and rivet to the sides and call it good.

x2!
    I believe Menards and Fleet Farm sell alum. angle stock. 1/8″ thick x 3/4 or 1″ legs should do it.

Bassn Dan

The L brackets suggested sound like a good solution. Here’s another option to consider.

Using aluminum channel bars that bridge across the compartments where the black bars are drawn should eliminate the sagging problem.

Choose a size of boxed channel aluminum that will fit between the lid and the edge of the compartment. Notch the gasket so the bars will fit fairly close, and then screw the bars to the deck lid from above. If the channel bar is a bit thinner than you need just shim it with washers.

Depending on what way your lids sag, choose the option that looks like it will work the best and is easiest to install.

Good luck.
    Dan

bigpike

Did Crestliner still have the 10 year deck warranty if you bought it new??? I bought mine in ’99 and had the same issue 5 years down the line, my dealership re-enforced areas on the deck I was having issue with at Crestliner’s cost. Depending on your situation it is something to consider.

pool-8-lax
    La Crosse Wisconsin

Yep I have a 2007 and had issues with the lids in the back of my boat which cover my oil and battery. I called Crestliner and complained and they sent me new ones. I installed them and had the same problem. Crestliner is aware of the problem and recoqizes it as a poor design. I am not surrprised that you did not get a phone call returned as they have lousy customer service. Still waiting for a call back on a issue about a trolling motor wire..The best solution is to have a piece square stock or L stock of aluminum welded to the underside of the lid..Worked for me… .

Wadsworth

Quote:

Yep I have a 2007 and had issues with the lids in the back of my boat which cover my oil and battery. I called Crestliner and complained and they sent me new ones. I installed them and had the same problem. Crestliner is aware of the problem and recoqizes it as a poor design. I am not surrprised that you did not get a phone call returned as they have lousy customer service. Still waiting for a call back on a issue about a trolling motor wire..The best solution is to have a piece square stock or L stock of aluminum welded to the underside of the lid..Worked for me… .

Could you post a picture of that?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.