switchback shads vs fat free shads

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I haven’t done any research on this as of yet, but thought I’d bring it to you guys first. What’s the real difference between these baits? I was at Bass Pro yesterday and was looking at them closely, and it appears the lips and bodies are very, very similar. But I’m guessing they do have a different wobble or action. What do you guys prefer? Any info or experiences with them would be appreciated. Thanks–

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

I guess noboby is gonna answer you Brian

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Eh, bad timing right before a busy weekend of fishing. I’m not trying to fix something that ain’t broke, but sure am curious.

You know somethin I don’t, Chris?

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Looks like I’ll have to order a couple and check em out. Real curious to know how their wobble and action is different than the Fat Frees.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Thought I’d bring this one back around and see what anyone might add to it. The thing I’ve noticed is that the switchbacks always seem to be bigger baits then the Fat Frees, like the fry or fingerling baits. Are there any switchbacks that are smaller? I sure haven’t seen em.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

I haven’t fished with either one but looking at the side by side I see the fat free has a different looking bill than the switchback. Also the fat free looks like it may have just a little bit different shape.. They look very similar though.. Also one may have a rattle and the other doesn’t? not sure Ill have to look at them next time I got to the store.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

In my opinion what makes a better Walleye crank is one that has more roll to it then a side to side action. When I look at most of the crankbaits that produce consistantly for me that is what I see. Not saying that any crank cannot catch Walleyes they will but some actions are just better in my eyes.

I have never fished either of the cranks you mentioned you might pick a couple and give each a fair shot then stock up from there, or never buy another one. That is half the fun of fishing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.