Epoxy Garage Floor

• RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

I am in the process of buying a new house and after the home inspection one of the items that was noted was to have the garage floor epoxied. The reason being is that there is a basement under the garage and in order to prevent any possible water leakage through the saw cracks or seams it should be sealed.

Does anyone have any experience with anybody that does this work in the Lacrosse, WI area?

Thanks,

Hunt4dx

Anonymous
    Inactive

I assume its span-crete or similar. This should have been waterproofed before the top layer is poured.

BullsNeyes
    Rochester, MN

Look at polytek. There is a place in Rochester, MN that installs it. Much better then epoxy.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

MNice is correct. Sounds like advice from another over-reaching home inspector to me.

RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

The current home owners had an issue where the water went through seems in the floor because it was not caulked at the the time. The inspector is very reliable and has seen this on a number of occasions. Eventually the seals will not stay seeled so by using epoxy or something else you can truly seal your floor from moisture for 15 to 20 years.
    So I am just looking for someone in the area who has had this done and feels the work was quality.

Thanks,

Hunt4x

Thomas Jensen

Hunt4dx,

I can’t really recommend anyone in particular, though I know that you can get help from local contractors by going here:

http://contractorquotes.us/hire-flooring-contractors/

Under “Select service” simply choose “Garage Floor Coatings” and you will be contacted by 4 local and licensed contractors that will gladly give you quotes for your job.

Hope this helped you!

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

i have a room under my garage and have no issues with water going through. it is poured floor 3-4″ over a pre stressed concrete beams. however th epoxy coating is nice to clean but not saying requirement. inspectors need not certification anyone can be an inspector. not saying he was bad but don’t believe everything you are told. they are not held liable to anything. I use “Garage floor Coatings” for my customers they a re very good an have a great warranty.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.