Picture of the Big Pike, as promised.

• Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Logan pulled in this big girl earlier in the week, measuring at 44.5 inches! He paddled to a bay on a small lake in the BWCA and started fishing from shore when he hooked into a fish he will likely never forget.

Bryan Myers

Wow what a beast!! That would have been really exciting fighting it in a canoe!

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Heck yeah! Were you guys deep in there?

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

About 10 miles inside the BWCA, They (Logan and Ryan) set up a basecamp and caught more Walleye than they could even dream of eating and a lot of Pike too. They did the same trip last year at the same time I took my wife in there, they really cleaned up on the Eyes last year and when I told them about the pike bite I got into they decided to go give it a whirl this time around. It was the biggest fish I have heard about coming out of that lake and looks quite like one I released 2 1/2 years ago(pictured below), but our pictures were of different sides of the fish making it hard to make certain. Either way, this fish proves the value of catch and release when it comes to the big’uns and remains to be caught yet again someday.

Zach H

I have never fished up in the BWCA, but I am assuming that there are outfitters up there that rent out canoes to people. I would love to make this trip with my cousin and our two boys in a couple of years. I absolutely love the thought of camping out of a tent and fishing from a canoe. Especially if we have the chance of hooking into quality fish like this one.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

I have never fished up in the BWCA, but I am assuming that there are outfitters up there that rent out canoes to people. I would love to make this trip with my cousin and our two boys in a couple of years. I absolutely love the thought of camping out of a tent and fishing from a canoe. Especially if we have the chance of hooking into quality fish like this one.

PM Sent

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.