What breed of dog do you hunt upland game with?

• SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

Hey Steve, I am game,but it might be a long haul for you,I live down south a ways. Cant be the week before Turkey day because I might be coming up to Red Wing to fish . It will be here before we know it. Dave

crbasser
    IA

My parents have always had a lab that we took along with us, but the past few years I have been hunting with my friends and their German Shorthair pointers. So, I finally convinced my other half that we needed one of our own. GSHPs are full of energy and man can they find birds. My pup is 8 months old now and starting to figure out what she’s doing in the field. But she’s had her nose since she was 10 weeks old, here’s the proof .

crbasser
    IA

My parents have always had a lab that we took along with us, but the past few years I have been hunting with my friends and their German Shorthair pointers. So, I finally convinced my other half that we needed one of our own. GSHPs are full of energy and man can they find birds. My pup is 8 months old now and starting to figure out what she’s doing in the field. But she’s had her nose since she was 10 weeks old, here’s the proof .

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Great lookin pup Chad… where did you get the pup ?

bird

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Great lookin pup Chad… where did you get the pup ?

bird

crbasser
    IA

Thanks Bird . Jersey came from Top Gun Kennel between Central City and Center Point, he’s got a great bloodline going on there. I’ve hunted with several dogs that have come out of his kennel, and they are bird finding machines.

crbasser
    IA

Thanks Bird . Jersey came from Top Gun Kennel between Central City and Center Point, he’s got a great bloodline going on there. I’ve hunted with several dogs that have come out of his kennel, and they are bird finding machines.

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

CRBasser……..what bloodlines is that…I have two shorthairs….one is from the same line that Dixie Land Luck and Dakota Dilly came from….

Someday I may be lookin for another pup…. but not heard of Top Gun Kennel… I know there is a Renegade Kennel in Center Point….. but ??? Does Top Gun Kennel have a web site…. more info please

bird

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

CRBasser……..what bloodlines is that…I have two shorthairs….one is from the same line that Dixie Land Luck and Dakota Dilly came from….

Someday I may be lookin for another pup…. but not heard of Top Gun Kennel… I know there is a Renegade Kennel in Center Point….. but ??? Does Top Gun Kennel have a web site…. more info please

bird

crbasser
    IA

Bird, here’s the website. http://www.topgungsps.com
    If you can’t find the bloodline there, PM me and I’ll get it from my papers. I believe the name Hillhaven is in there.

crbasser
    IA

Bird, here’s the website. http://www.topgungsps.com
    If you can’t find the bloodline there, PM me and I’ll get it from my papers. I believe the name Hillhaven is in there.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Keep the pics coming guys.My youngest son loves to look at the new dog pictures evveryday.Here is one of my female setter.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Keep the pics coming guys.My youngest son loves to look at the new dog pictures evveryday.Here is one of my female setter.
    Ryan Hale

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Walleye pointer

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Best Friends

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

One more from the Get Together

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

One more from the Get Together

aprock
    Kingsley, Iowa

I have a 12 week old Small Munsterlander. He’s scent and site pointing already. Loves to get out in the field and go through the weeds, the thicker the better. I’ll post a pic later.
    Tony

aprock
    Kingsley, Iowa

I have a 12 week old Small Munsterlander. He’s scent and site pointing already. Loves to get out in the field and go through the weeds, the thicker the better. I’ll post a pic later.
    Tony

DRizzzle
    Hudson, Iowa, USA

i have a 9 month old black lab. he is probably one of the prettist dogs ive seen in a long time. for how young he is he is a very good marker and retreiver. i cant wait to see him work on pheasent opener soon.

DRizzzle
    Hudson, Iowa, USA

i have a 9 month old black lab. he is probably one of the prettist dogs ive seen in a long time. for how young he is he is a very good marker and retreiver. i cant wait to see him work on pheasent opener soon.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

This is my Hungarian Vizsla….Sam. They are an extremely versatile, energetic hunting dog

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

This is my Hungarian Vizsla….Sam. They are an extremely versatile, energetic hunting dog

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Sam is a beautiful dog too !! Do you have a full shot of her ? or is it him ?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Sam is a beautiful dog too !! Do you have a full shot of her ? or is it him ?

tightline1
    nebraska

here is my boy dont go with out him.works great for duck and upland game.

tightline1
    nebraska

here is my boy dont go with out him.works great for duck and upland game.

Viewing 29 posts - 31 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.