What breed of dog do you hunt upland game with?

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Lets see what all of us love as our hunting pals? Mark me down for 2 English Setters and 1 Golden Retriever.
    Ryan Hale

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

My German Shorthair Pointer Abby after her first hunt on a game farm, she was less than a year old she is 7 now. I would highly recommend a game farm hunt for a dogs fist hunt, Abby really caught on to what the game was all about after this hunt along with all her previous training.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

My German Shorthair Pointer Abby after her first hunt on a game farm, she was less than a year old she is 7 now. I would highly recommend a game farm hunt for a dogs fist hunt, Abby really caught on to what the game was all about after this hunt along with all her previous training.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Heres my pup next to my paps Buster Brown. And my uncle with his 12 year old lab, she takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Heres my pup next to my paps Buster Brown. And my uncle with his 12 year old lab, she takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

German Shorthair Pointer…….. I have had the pleasure to hunt behind many breeds of hunting dogs and I choose the GSP…. To me there is nothing more beautiful than watching a dog work a field for birds and then just come to a instant lock when a bird is found…

birdhunter88

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

German Shorthair Pointer…….. I have had the pleasure to hunt behind many breeds of hunting dogs and I choose the GSP…. To me there is nothing more beautiful than watching a dog work a field for birds and then just come to a instant lock when a bird is found…

birdhunter88

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Theres just something about pics that make a person feel like they are there. It adds so much to a post. Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Theres just something about pics that make a person feel like they are there. It adds so much to a post. Thanks, Bill

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Hey Bill…. I would be more than happy to supply you with some pictures…. but unfortunately they are all on my old computer a gateway and we now have a new Dell…. just havent had time to hook the old one up and down load the pics from the old computer….once I do…. oh boy watch out… I have a ton of them… he he

bird

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Hey Bill…. I would be more than happy to supply you with some pictures…. but unfortunately they are all on my old computer a gateway and we now have a new Dell…. just havent had time to hook the old one up and down load the pics from the old computer….once I do…. oh boy watch out… I have a ton of them… he he

bird

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

I hunt with a German Short hair named Pepper and she is 7 years young. She can really cover some ground. I dont have any digital pics of her in action but will try to get some this year. Dave

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

I hunt with a German Short hair named Pepper and she is 7 years young. She can really cover some ground. I dont have any digital pics of her in action but will try to get some this year. Dave

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Hey Dave,
    my short hair is 7 also we should try to hook up this year. The only thing better than watching a GSP hunt is watching two GSP’s hunt

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Hey Dave,
    my short hair is 7 also we should try to hook up this year. The only thing better than watching a GSP hunt is watching two GSP’s hunt

SEAN

lol Well, the pic of one of the breeds I use is right up in Ryan’s post..Brittany’s are my choice..I also use a cocker but only in PA. He stays home when its time to get serious..

SEAN

lol Well, the pic of one of the breeds I use is right up in Ryan’s post..Brittany’s are my choice..I also use a cocker but only in PA. He stays home when its time to get serious..

has
    Hudson, WI

I hunt with a yellow lab named Maddie, she is now 3yrs and is one of the best dogs I’ve ever hunted with, for both pheasants and ducks. Two years ago we spent the winter in Texas hunting and training and now she’s a lean mean hunting machine. Pics tomorrow.
    I also hunt with my dads Gordon Setter, theres something to be said about hunting of a pointer that is just awesome.
    Its Go time.

has
    Hudson, WI

I hunt with a yellow lab named Maddie, she is now 3yrs and is one of the best dogs I’ve ever hunted with, for both pheasants and ducks. Two years ago we spent the winter in Texas hunting and training and now she’s a lean mean hunting machine. Pics tomorrow.
    I also hunt with my dads Gordon Setter, theres something to be said about hunting of a pointer that is just awesome.
    Its Go time.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I’m a huge dog lover in general and have hunted behind a lot of good ones. Some of my favorites are German Shorthairs and Springer Spaniels. I have 2 Springers right now, a 7 year male named Teddy and a 4 year old male named Jake. They are both Rooster crazy!

Good Luck to everyone this year! The bird populations look to be good!

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I’m a huge dog lover in general and have hunted behind a lot of good ones. Some of my favorites are German Shorthairs and Springer Spaniels. I have 2 Springers right now, a 7 year male named Teddy and a 4 year old male named Jake. They are both Rooster crazy!

Good Luck to everyone this year! The bird populations look to be good!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I’ve got a 4year old yellow lab named Clyde. He’s a brute, and a great goose dog. He manages to hold his the rest of the time. I didn’t spend a lot of time training, more just natural ability. Definatly a companion.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I’ve got a 4year old yellow lab named Clyde. He’s a brute, and a great goose dog. He manages to hold his the rest of the time. I didn’t spend a lot of time training, more just natural ability. Definatly a companion.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve got a chocolate back home on the farm. Bud is really a half breed mistake, GSP/Chocolate. He looks just like a lab, but has the white spot on his chest. It’s a blast watching him point, but his real strong suite is ducks/geese. I’ll have to bring some digital pics back from pheasant opener in a few weeks.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve got a chocolate back home on the farm. Bud is really a half breed mistake, GSP/Chocolate. He looks just like a lab, but has the white spot on his chest. It’s a blast watching him point, but his real strong suite is ducks/geese. I’ll have to bring some digital pics back from pheasant opener in a few weeks.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Hey Mike, Look’s like the dogs got the same problem you had down in Iowa a couple weeks ago????? Sinus infection? Come on………

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Hey Mike, Look’s like the dogs got the same problem you had down in Iowa a couple weeks ago????? Sinus infection? Come on………

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Hey Jim was sick too. He just didn’t drink at all. You would think since my wife is in nursing school I would know better than to mix beer and medication. Oh well, it was still fun.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Hey Jim was sick too. He just didn’t drink at all. You would think since my wife is in nursing school I would know better than to mix beer and medication. Oh well, it was still fun.

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

Hey Steve, I am game,but it might be a long haul for you,I live down south a ways. Cant be the week before Turkey day because I might be coming up to Red Wing to fish . It will be here before we know it. Dave

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.