Hunting vest for small dogs

• caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Anyone know where I could get a hunting vest for a small dog(15lbs). It needs to be warm and preferable blaze orange. Cabelas catalog doesn’t carry any small enough. Thanks

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I know gander mt. carries dog vests…not sure if they have the size you’re looking for…

608-783-2820…might give them a shot

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I know gander mt. carries dog vests…not sure if they have the size you’re looking for…

608-783-2820…might give them a shot

caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Good call, I completley forgot about them. We have a store here in Rochester. I’ll check them out.

I’ve searched the internet and haven’t come up with allot. I’d like to get the dog in the woods but he have to have a vest first.

caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Good call, I completley forgot about them. We have a store here in Rochester. I’ll check them out.

I’ve searched the internet and haven’t come up with allot. I’d like to get the dog in the woods but he have to have a vest first.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Are you hunting with a English Cocker?That would be about the only hunting breed at that size.We had a American Cocker that used to waterfowl hunt with us a little.
    Ryan hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Are you hunting with a English Cocker?That would be about the only hunting breed at that size.We had a American Cocker that used to waterfowl hunt with us a little.
    Ryan hale

caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Quote:

Ryan hale

No I’d like to get our Rat Terrior in the woods for some squirle hunting. It will be more of an outdoor activity for the dog and I than anything. But I know that once he gets his eyes and nose going on small game, he’ll tear himself up in the brush. Plus he need something to keep him warm. He’s and avid rabit and squire hunter in the back yard now where there isn’t any brush. The breeder that we bought him from said his father was a great squirle hunter so I though I’d see how he does.

It looks like I’m going to have to have something custom made. No body seems to make what I’m looking for, for small dogs.

caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Quote:

Ryan hale

No I’d like to get our Rat Terrior in the woods for some squirle hunting. It will be more of an outdoor activity for the dog and I than anything. But I know that once he gets his eyes and nose going on small game, he’ll tear himself up in the brush. Plus he need something to keep him warm. He’s and avid rabit and squire hunter in the back yard now where there isn’t any brush. The breeder that we bought him from said his father was a great squirle hunter so I though I’d see how he does.

It looks like I’m going to have to have something custom made. No body seems to make what I’m looking for, for small dogs.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

When we pheasant hunt we ALWAYS bring along my buddies Jack Russell Terrier. It’s the funniest freakin thing…..watchin that little 4-5 pound dog run through the thick sloughs…..he’s so small that he runs right underneath a lot of thickest brush that the Weimeriner we hunt behind won’t even go into. And boy does that dog have a nose !!! He always stays close, he never chases deer or coyotes, and he’ll run forever…..can’t ask for more out of a huntin dog

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

When we pheasant hunt we ALWAYS bring along my buddies Jack Russell Terrier. It’s the funniest freakin thing…..watchin that little 4-5 pound dog run through the thick sloughs…..he’s so small that he runs right underneath a lot of thickest brush that the Weimeriner we hunt behind won’t even go into. And boy does that dog have a nose !!! He always stays close, he never chases deer or coyotes, and he’ll run forever…..can’t ask for more out of a huntin dog

caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Quote:

That’s very encouraging. We’ve had the dog for 5 years now but this will be first time I’ve ever worked with him hunting. I’ve taken a 5 year hiatus from hunting(everything) and I’m slowing going to start working getting back into the woods more. I love to squirrel hunt and our dogs loves to chase and kill anything he sees. I’ve never squirrel hunted with a dog so this will be a learning experince for both of us. I’m hoping he will tree them and I’ll shoot ‘um…I hope.

caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Quote:

That’s very encouraging. We’ve had the dog for 5 years now but this will be first time I’ve ever worked with him hunting. I’ve taken a 5 year hiatus from hunting(everything) and I’m slowing going to start working getting back into the woods more. I love to squirrel hunt and our dogs loves to chase and kill anything he sees. I’ve never squirrel hunted with a dog so this will be a learning experince for both of us. I’m hoping he will tree them and I’ll shoot ‘um…I hope.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.