Detroit Lakes Trip

• Bobby Kuennen

Hey Guys, taking my first ever trip to the Detroit Lakes region next weekend with my wife and daughter. Staying on Detroit Lake but know of the many lakes in the region. Looking for any help with finding some walleyes and/or crappie. If you want to PM me that’s fine. Just a quick trip, not keeping fish just looking to put a bow on the 2016/2017 ice season. Thank you!

Bobby Kuennen

Fishing was awful. Tiny perch, gills and northern. Nobody was catching. Fished detroit, pelican and sybil. Only fish worth a darn i saw were some huge tulibee another guy caught on sybil. Super sloppy with the warm conditions. Probably won’t be back to this area anytime soon.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Sorry to hear you had poor luck. I had some buddies up there. They hammered the big crappie and bluegill on two different lakes. Said it was the best fishing they’ve had in awhile. Lots of 12-14″ crappie and a lot of gills over 9″. They said the ice was in good shape just a lil sloppy as you stated.

Bobby Kuennen

Haha, where were you when I first posted I was going up:) that’s almost hard to believe. Everyone i talked to and bait shops said nothing really going anywhere. Big cormorant was my last option today but the rain pushed me inside. Warm, wind and rain are going to be very hard on the remaining ice.

Sorry to hear you had poor luck. I had some buddies up there. They hammered the big crappie and bluegill on two different lakes. Said it was the best fishing they’ve had in awhile. Lots of 12-14″ <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>crappie and a lot of gills over 9″. They said the ice was in good shape just a lil sloppy as you stated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.